Chapter 9: One Lousy Week

"Sweetheart, can you get my back again? I can't quite reach it myself." Steve asked happily.

Cara opened her eyes behind her sunglasses, turning her head towards Steve who was holding out a bottle of sunscreen in her direction. Smiling she sat up happily taking the sunscreen from him. Smiling in return he leaned in kissing her lovingly before turning around showing her his back. Slathering his back with sunscreen she smiled, enjoying the warm breeze on her skin, the salty air mixed with sunscreen smell filling her lungs and the warm sand under her feet. When she was all done she gave him a gentle pat before putting the sunscreen away.

The two of them settled back into their sand chairs side by side, enjoying the beautiful weather. The sun, the sand and the ocean were so relaxing and it was exactly the honeymoon they had been wanting. It was so peaceful. They weren't the only people on the beach but they weren't overwhelmed and so far hadn't really been recognized. With the exception of a few kids at the ice cream shop last night. They had been so excited to see Steve they had hardly noticed Cara until she had handed Steve his ice cream cone.

A waiter brought a tray down beside them offering them each a drink. Even though they couldn't get drunk, they still enjoyed the taste of the drinks, taking them happily and thanking the man. Smiling graciously he left them to themselves again. After a long sip of his drink, Steve exhaled loudly. Cara laughed lightly looking over at him, causing him to laugh lightly in return.

"What?" He asked smiling.

"Nothing." Cara said still laughing a little.

"No really, what?" He asked again leaning towards her.

"No it's nothing really, it's just that St. Lucia suits you Captain." Cara teased.

Steve looked out to the ocean smiling, looking down briefly before looking up again at Cara.

"I think you suit me Mrs. Rogers. And anywhere I'm with you I'm at home." He replied.

"Mmmm, I love hearing you call me that." She said biting her lip.

Steve laughed.

"Easy Mrs. Rogers we are still a long way from our room." Steve said playfully.

Cara laughed smiling at him after.

"Oh there will be plenty of time for that later don't you worry. Right now I'm just enjoying being here alone with you on this beautiful beach, listening to the ocean, soaking up some tropical sun." Cara said.

"You know we still have to go back in 2 days right?" He asked her.

"Shhhhh, no we don't. We can move here and become coconut farmers." She joked causing Steve to laugh again.

"Is that even a thing? Plus we did leave our son with our unconventional crazy family." He said.

"... So we send for Evan, and then become coconut farmers." She said.

They both laughed for a good while before falling silent, staring out at the ocean together. Each in their own thoughts.

"You also have to get back to Jackson and we have to figure out what to do with Buck." Steve suddenly said.

Cara exhaled loudly "aaaand you brought him up."

"Who Buck?" He asked off guard by the sudden shift in her mood.

"No my son- yes of course Buck!" Cara said sitting up turning towards him now.

"Cara, come on. You knew we would have to talk about this and figure out what should be done with him. And what he did- or tried to do." He explained.