//|1|\\

Shadow growled. He had hated the hedgehog more than he could remember. He wiped the blood from his bottom lip as he got up, the hedgehog grinning at him. "Tired?" He mocked "Faker, you will never even begin to know how much energy I have." Shadow stated, his emotionless expression very prominent despite is hostile words.

"You guys! You really shouldn't-" Tails began before he was abruptly cut off by a large thud. Shadow had dived on Sonic. Sonic's quills hitting Tails' Shrink Ray - breaking it upon impact. "HEY! MY STUFF!" The 18-year-old shouted, stopping the 20 year olds. "You're adults! Grow up you dumb hedgehogs!" Tails shouted "Tails- we're so sorry!" Sonic began moving towards the distressed fox. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO YELL AT ME YOU PUNY-" Shadow was abruptly cut off "DO NOT GO NEAR HIM YOU HORRIBLE EXCUSE OF FUR AND QUILLS!" Sonic growled as he stepped infront of his 'brother'.

Shadow growled, scratching the hedgehog's shin with his shoe. "You little-" Sonic growled "Who are you to call little?" Shadow smirked "My, My. You have clearly forgotten quills do not count." Sonic smirked as he punched the ebony hedgehog into the wall. He jumped back, breaking a button.

Tails gasped as the machine turned on. "NO MY MULTIVERSAL TRANSMITTER! IT'S ONLY FOR LETTERS!" Tails shouted at the two hedgehogs fell victim to its absorption along with a few other of Tails' inventions, his voice fading slowly.

"SHADOW WHAT DID YOU DO-" Sonic shouted as the two fell into a bottomless pit. "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Shadow growled as the two began to fall even quicker - which wasn't possible according to E = MC². "What the-" Shadow mumbled as he noticed the increase in falling speed. "Wait- is that a-" before Sonic could finish, they fell into a large pile of sand.

"What the-" Sonic began as he cleared his face of Sand, Shadow doing the same. "Where are we-" Sonic looked over to Shadow "How should I know?" Shadow angrily growled "Do I look like that two-tailed excuse of a fox?" Shadow growled "Don't call my friend that! You are just some insecure, pathetic, WEAK field agent for a pathetic company the world doesn't need!" Sonic screamed "OH YOU WANNA TEST THIS 'IMSECURE, PATHETIC, WEAK' HEDGEHOG?" Shadow growled "I'LL SHOW YOU WEAK WHEN YOU'RE DROWNING IN THAT OCEAN." Shadow shouted as he pointed to a crystal blue body of ocean.

Sonic's facial expression changed as soon as he saw it. His eyes widened slightly and his face tensed even more. "Now. Let's stop fighting like idiots and try to find a way off of this place." Shadow inhaled, resisting the urge to shoot the hedgehog Square in the head.

Sonic inhaled, trying to calm himself. "Huh?" A voice interrupted the two. "What the-" another voice added. The two young hedgehogs looked over to see themselves? They were taller and seemed ro be older - Sonic was still taller however. "What the actual-" Shadow began as he jerked back into Sonic.

Sonic didn't even make a word of protest. He was too scared of the appeared to be him and Shadow. "Why are they.... they must have come from the Multiversal Transmitter...." The older Sonic began.

The older hedgehogs were covered in scars and bandages and seemed calm in eachothers presence. "Where are we...?" Sonic asked "You're on Bygone Island." The taller Shadow stated. Shadow looked at his other version in shock. Sonic laughed slightly. "What is wrong with my- your? Your voice?"

The other Shadow's voice was oddly mechanical yet deep and grungy. "What do you mean?" The taller Sonic blinked a few times "His voice is normal..." "Wait..." Shadow whispered "I don't think we're...." Shadow looked towards his sonic "multiversal transmitter..." "We're not even in our own universe-" Shadow stated, his eyes widening.

___________________________

T

ails looked at the device in shock. His best friend and his best friend's enemy had just been transported to another dimension. Which dimension, he didn't know. The button with activated the portal had melted along with some of the structure support, making it slanted.

Tails sighed at the work cut out for him. He had to rework most of the structure aswell as the coding of the button - and a new button - and fix the mother board. He couldn't do this alone however.

Not one of his friends met his intellectual standards for working with him - they weren't even close. He would have to find some outside help. He knew exactly who to call.