//|10|\\

The two had been rushed off to bed upon returning home. Being 6 years younger had seemingly alluded the older variants of themself - their excuse being how they must be exhausted after saving them.

The two were laid in the double bed, slightly closer than two nights before however not close enough to annoy,and or adgitate, Shadow. Sonic turned to face Shadow - the two had remained silent for around 10 minutes.

"Hey... Shadow..." Sonic muttered "I know we aren't the best of friends... but we make a good team." Sonic continued "You've always had my back - even if you don't like the admit it - and always know how to help." Shadow turned to Sonic, intruiged. "Your point?" He asked "Well... could we be friends? No fighting or trying to shoot eachother." Sonic asked. One condition clearly aimed at Shadow.

Shadow looked away in thought for a minute or so. "Fine." He whispered back. "Not like I have much of a choice." Sonic rolled his eyes, smirking. They both knew Shadow wanted the friendship almost as much as Sonic himself. "Sure Shadow." "And what's that meant to mean?" Shadow asked, sitting up. "Nothing... nothing..." Sonic laughed, also sitting up in a challenging way.

"You know I'll win." Shadow warned, getting the gist of what Sonic was implying. "We'll have to get out of here first!" Sonic pointed out. Shadow rolled his eyes, grabbing his chaos emerald. "Chaos control!" He whispered as he grabbed Sonic's arm with his free-hand.

The two were now outside of the mess of huts the others called their home. "One second I'll map out the area to see where we can race." Sonic smiled, speeding off before speeding back. "There's an island closeby. Only problem is, it's an island!" Shadow rolled his eyes. "Show me."

__________________________________

The newly-formed group stepped out of the portal. "Wow..." The younger Tails whispered, admiring a palm tree. "I've never seen one in person!" The older Tails rolled his eyes "Yea... I see loads of those."

Knuckles looked around "This looks like a holiday resort." He commented. Amy smacked him on the head. "It's some form of village!" She reprimanded. Knuckles nodded his head. "Yes, it seems to be just that. Reminds me of what once was my home." The younger Knuckles stated, putting a hand across his chest. Both Tails made a face to eachother, both asking and answering questions the other had.

Suddenly, a hedgehog jumped down infront of them. He was almost too dark to see, blending in with the inky blackness of the night sky. His ruby eyes poised at the group.

"Shadow? When did you get so tall?" Amy screwed her eyes to try see the figure. "I take it you are all here for your worlds Sonic and Shadow, although I am troubled as you have a Sonic, two Knuckles' and two Tails'." The group shuddered at his voice. "I didn't expect that..." The younger Sonic shuddered. "Neither did I. Our Shadow has a more... monotone voice. It wasnt roboty" Knuckles added

"We have two of each as we passed through their dimension and they wanted to aid in our search." Amy answered "We used this Tails' FNA tracking technology to help." She pointed to the smaller, fluffier Tails. The robotic Shadow nodded. "Follow me." He stated.

The group walked into a hut, it was a lot larger on the inside and shocked everybody. Shadow closed the door, flinching when he heard a huff. "Where have you been?" The older Sonic asked in a stern tone. Shadow used his eyes to direct Sonic's attention to the group that awkwardly stood to the right of him. Sonic nodded, getting the gist.

"Expected them sooner if I'm honest." He stated. "Yea... we had some trouble portal-wise." Knuckles laughed. "I'll go wake them up now." Sonic said, walking away to return a few moments later with no sign of the two. "They're not there..." he muttered. Shadow scoffed. "Did you not hear them? They went out for a race." Shadow stated "Why else do you think I told them to sit down?" Sonic huffed "Could've told me sooner couldn't you?" "Just go to bed, you're always angry when you're tired."

The Sonic glared at Shadow. "Well wouldn't you be angry if your husband dissapeared with no word?" "It was for five minutes! I sensed that someone had entered Bygone!" Sonic began muttering under his breath. "I'm going back to bed." He growled, walking away.

Shadow turned back to the group, their eyes wide and mouths agape. "Yeah your version of Sonic and Shadow acted exactly like that." The older Tails cleared his throat, trying not to dwell on the thought of Sonic and Shadow being married. "Now, how long do you reckon they will be?" "Probably about an hour." Shadow stated "Don't worry much, I would offer you a place to sleep but we only have one spare bed."

"Didn't Sonic and Shadow stay here?" Amy pointed out. "Yup." Shadow stated, beginning to make some tea. "You guys have tea or coffee?" The group answered, Shadow tossing the younger Sonic and Tails a can of Dr Pepper each.