//|13|\\

The two didn't have the easiest time trying to split from the group for their 'tester' - as Sonic called it, even though Shadow was more than aware it was a date - and had even needed help from older Sonic. It really wasn't easy.

Deciding where to go was harder however. The two had no idea where to go or even the lay out of the island. They knew it was called Bygone Island and where Eggman was located, but that was it. The group hadn't really given them any pointers - although the two had never really asked for any to be fair - or even given them a glimpse at a map.

Shadow looked down in thought, trying to figure out some form of 'mid-way point' for the two. Sonic fiddled with the grass around him as Shadow thought, the other sighing.

"Sonic, I don't think this is a good idea..." He concluded, stepping away. Sonic got up and shook his head "Shadow, you're just nervous." Sonic smiled reassuringly "We have no idea where we are and given the circumstances, I don't blame you for how lost you are." Shadow shook his head "I shouldn't have pushed- I was just so desperate for an answer and-" Sonic cut the ebony hedgehog off.

"Shadow, I'm glad you pushed." He smiled "You helped me come to terms with why I was always so obsessed with you, I would constantly cancel plans with my friends if it meant I could even just exchange a glance with you. People told me it was rivalry and I believed that, but now I see its a lot more - more than I can comprehend." The lapiz hedgehog shyed away, reddening. Shadow also reddened slightly at the other's gesture.

"I see..." he said, almost too stunned to speak. "Thank you." He said shyly, trying not to meet his eyes. Sonic grinned "How about we take this to that island I found last night!" He offered. Shadow nodded "Seems fitting."

_________________________________________

The two found their way to the island in around 10 minutes. "Ya know, I think this place is really pretty." Sonic chirped, climbing a tree. Shadow rolled his eyes and smiled lightly "Of course you do, hedgehog." He muttered, teleporting to the top and startling the other hedgehog.

Shadow just managed to grab him, hoisting him up onto the branch by his wrist. "Thanks, Shads." Sonic smiled. Shadow nodded. "I never really pictured my first date involving being trapped in another dimension with older variants of us. I just pictured going to the movies." Shadow laughed lightly "Rather clichè for such a hedgehog." He remarked.

Sonic rolled his eyes "Hey! Atleast I had some form of plan." He joshed, punching Shadow lightly in the shoulder. Shadow raised a brow "Getting friendly, hm?" Sonic rolled his eyes "Depends how you see it."

___________________________________________

The two continued their useless antics, concluding with a casual walk around the island seen as they had only seen blurs of it in their race.

Sonic suddenly stopped, laughing at how quickly Shadow stopped - as if some form of robot. Shadow rolled his eyes "What's with the goofy grin?" He asked. Sonic sat down on the sand, Shadow joining him.

The lapiz hedgehog rested his head on the others shoulder, unsettling the other before he quickly calmed. "This was better than the first date I had in mind for myself - especially since its someone I actually like~" Sonic smiled before quickly planting a peck on Shadow's cheek.

The two reddened as they stared at eachother, both confused at Sonic's actions. "Oh my chaos-" Sonic gasped. Shadow just stared back, finally snapping out from whatever trance he had just been in. "Why are you cting like you've just shot me?" He asked. Sonic stared, almost as blankly as Shadow. "I just-" "So? It's nothing sudden and I'm comfortable with it. Are you?" The ebony hedgehog asked, locking eyes with the other. Sonic thought for a moment "I guess so." He smiled.

"Atleast it wasn't on the lips." He shrugged. Shadow's muzzle reddened, turning almost as crimson as his eyes. "Don't push it, Sonic." He practically squealed. Sonic let out a dorky snicker "Shadow, neither of us are ready for that - that's commitment." Shadow rolled his eyes "I'm suprised saying 'hi' isn't too much of a commitment to you." Sonic shrugged "Friends and boyfriends are different." Sonic suddenly stopped, processing his words.

"Well- if you could consider yourself my boyfriend." He added "I mean it's only the first date-" he cleared his throat "Tester. And well- it might not work out. It's definitley too early-" Shadow kissed Sonic's cheek, breaking his ramble long enough to say a few words. "I'm fine labelling you my partner if you are fine labelling me yours." He stated.

Sonic broke out into a laugh. "Shall we return to our conversation about being clichè?" He smirked. Shadow rolled his eyes "Your entire personality is clichè, now yes or no?" Sonic took a moment to think. "Sure." He smiled.

Shadow looked away from his now-boyfriend. "We should probably get back, it's 4pm." Sonic gasped "We've been out for four whole hours?" Shadow nodded. Sonic sighed "Chaos." He uttered. Shadow laughed, getting up before helping Sonic up. "Let's get going."

The two soon paused however, seeing a familiar droid fly by. "Eggman." The two scowled in almost unison. "I chased take him!" Sonic smirked, getting ready to launch himself up. Shadow lifted his arm, blocking Sonic. "No, he isn't trying anything. The huts are the opposite way for starters." He pointed out "For all we know, he could be packing up and leaving." Sonic nodded "We should probably tell the others."

_________________________________________

The two returned to the cluster of huts, quickly finding their older variants in the nursery wuth their children.

"Oh hey you two!" The older Sonic smiled "How'd it go?" "It went fine-" Sonic began to ramble, being cut off by Shadow. "We saw a droid of eggman's." The older Shadow shrugged "It could be a possibility of him moving on." He stated "We did give him a scare when he figured out we were married." The older Sonic added. "I doubt that's the reason." The younger Shadow butted in "He may think we, the younger variants, are here to stay."

Sonic nodded "Can't blame him for being so intimidated, I am amazing." Shadow scoffed. "Sure." "Well you must find me amazing in some way~" Sonic pried. Shadow growled, knowing won to some extent. "Your first and last victory over me, Sonic." He smirked.

"Using names now?" The older Shadow noted. "Yup." The older Sonic, seemingly, confirmed the older Shadow's suspicions. He just nodded to the two with a smile. "You're in for a rocky future." He remarked. Shadow nodded "I gathered."