//|15|\\

As the hedgehogs trecked home, a loud 'bang' caught their attention. The two jumped, heads looking in the direction of the bang, seeing the remains of an explosion in the shape of a mushroom cloud by a neaeby mountain. Sonic gasped, looking towards Shadow. The two then sped over, no words exchanged as they did so, and made their way up to the top of the mountain.

The two heard coughs and splutters before a rather deep yet feminine voice remarked "You're late." The bat huffed, fighting off some bots. "They're not our Sonic and Shadow." The older Tails shouted over through a grunt as he was dragged down by a tail.

"What's going on?" Sonic asked as he joined Rouge, Shadow going to free Tails from cubot. "Eggman found a gem." Rouge explained. "It's the reason the multiverse exists!" She grunted as she was hit in the abdomen, catching her off balance. Sonic caught her before she hit the floor and took care of the bot, earning a thanks from the bat. "Anyway, if he takes it we don't know what will happen."

"So... we'd be stuck here if egghead gets his hands on it?" He asked "I said we don't know small blue." Sonic cringed at the name he had just recieved. He would even take big blue at that moment.

In his minute of distraction, a bot hit Sonic in the side, flinging him into the nearby wall with a pained grunt. The lapiz hedgehog quickly jumped back up ready to fight the robot but quickly found the older Amy had taken care of it, giving him a wink before returning to smashing up Eggman's bots - that probably cost thousands.

Sonic then found the familiar fat man in all his glory, laughing manically as a claw tried to free the crystal from its stoney prison. Why hadn't the bat just protected it instead of going to the older Shadow?

"Eggman!" Sonic called, jumping infront of the man, the crystal being the only thing separating them. "Ah Sonic." The man paused. "You're not Sonic, you're short and stubby. Same to 'Shadow' over there." He remarked with a laugh as he pointed towards Shadow, who was using chaos spears and chaos control. Sonic could see he was struggling, barely catching the ebony hedgehog keeping a watchful eye on him.

"You must be the 'runt' doubles." The bald man joked, laughing proudly at it. "Not that it matters, I'll destroy you anyway-!"

Sonic yawned, cutting off the doctor as he tapped his foot and smirking as he did so. "Yup, I yawned you Eggy!" He mused. Eggman scowled as he seethed and went redder than his jacket. "Shut up you rodent!" The man squeaked as he balled up his hands and punched his panel, suddenly smirking as he looked behind the hedgehog. "Too late!" He cried with glee as a smug look stretched across his face. Sonic gasped, watching as the claw dragged the crystal out of the rocky floor.

Sonic, in shear panic, readied up for a spindash. He wasted no time in curling up into a ball and launching himself at the crystal, the older variants finally teleporting in as Shadow chaos controlled over to Sonic in an attempt to stop him, failing miserably and then changing his priorities to protecting Sonic as the older variants shouted "Sonic no!"

A blast then erupted, knocking everyone backwards as Shadow lost consciousness and felt himself let go despite his best efforts to fight it.

__________________________________

A/N:

Heya :)

So, this is the end of book one. If you haven't noticed, this is a direct lead I to my rewrite of Sonic Prime with Shadow also with Sonic instead of punching him every few seconds (guy punched Sonic abt 5 times tho) because I wanna complete my references plus I like this AU in some way :)

See ya in the sequel!!! (I will post a chapter in this book when it comes out if you don't follow me)