17

Slamming your locker shut you jumped in your own skin having to clench onto your chest. "Jesus Christ don't do that" You smacked Billy with your binder.
"I didn't do anything, doll" He sent you a toothy grin as he chewed on a piece of gum. You raised your brows hugging your binder to your chest.
"doll?" you questioned him. His smile faltered as he looked over at you.
"what you don't like it?" he asked worriedly, standing up straight as you brushed past him.
"I didn't say that" you smirked watching as he fell into step beside you.
"good cause i like it" he walked down the hall with you like the stares you were both getting didn't bother him. "Do you wanna tell me what happened earlier?" he asked, pushing a curl out of his face.
"hm?" you hummed like you didn't know what he was referring to.
"y/n" he lowered his voice looking over at you. You took in a deep breath and pushed your hair behind your ear.
"this morning instead of giving Steve a cheese danish like usual" you started looking down at your scuffed high tops as you walked. "my mother handed me divorce papers" Billy stopped his walking and pulled you gently to the side. "Divorce papers that my father served to her" Your eyes stayed planted on your oh so interesting shoes. Billy lifted your chin with his thumb and his index finger. "Steve was there and i needed a hug" you explained making billy furrow his brows
"why do you feel the need to explain yourself, i don't care that you hugged Harrington" Billy scoffed with a smile. "I'm glad he was there for you when I couldn't be" You smiled softly at his words.
"thank you william" he sent you a toothy grin as you pressed a kiss to his cheek.
"Everything's gonna work out, we can talk more about it later ok?" he asked, looking into your eyes.
"ok" you whispered with a soft smile.
"why do you keep calling me william?" he asked as you began walking down the hall towards your first class.
"I'll stop if you want me too," you looked over at him "i don't know i just," you smiled to yourself "i like that i'm the only one who calls you by it" Billy smiled cheekily as he tossed his gum in the trash. He raised a toothpick to his mouth and looked over at you.
"you don't have to stop, i like it when you say it" You blushed looking down and hugged the binder closer to your body. "I'll see you after school, pizza?" Billy leaned against the wall outside your class.
"you're in this class" you pointed out
"You think I'm actually gonna go? that's cute doll" Billy reached forward, placing a kiss on the corner of your mouth. "I'll see you later," he winked, turned on his heel, and walked down the hall.

Billy looked across the booth at you as a pizza was slid between the two of you. "thank you" you smiled kindly at the bored teenager. Billy leaned back in the booth and raised his can of coke to his lips. "you're very quiet," you pointed out, peeling one of the pieces from its place on the metal tray and plopped it onto your paper plate.
"just thinking" he tapped one of his fingers against the aluminum table.
"uh oh that's never good" you joked, setting down your recently bitten slice of pizza. Billy leaned forward wiping a bit of sauce from the corner of your lip with his thumb. You watched him with furrowed brows resting your elbows on the table. "whatcha thinking about" you tilted your head as you watched him bite down on his jaw wiping the sauce from his thumb on a napkin. He raised his eyes towards you as he finally reached for a slice of pizza.
"It's been over a week" he raised the piece to his mouth.
"hm?" you hummed, finishing off your slice.
"you said a week" You furrowed your brows at the curly headed boy whilst struggling to open your can of coke. He took in a deep breath before encasing your hand with his own and taking the can from you carefully popping the lid. "when I asked you to be my girlfriend" he handed back the can "you said a week, and last i checked. The only person I've kissed recently was you. Today. before class" he sent you a smirk with a raised brow. You choked on your coke as a blush rose to your face. "so i guess i'm just curious and why you haven't given me an answer"
"oh uh" you cleared your throat "i guess i've just been going through a lot, i didn't really think about it" Billy's face fell which made your eyes widen "no i didn't mean- i didn't think i had to tell you my verdict" you reached across the table and grabbed his hand squeezing it lightly.
"Well it would've been nice to know" he complained but the smile lines gracing his face gave away the fact that he didn't mean it.
"you're such a baby william" you chuckled letting go of his hand and reaching for another piece of paper
"say it again" he smirked at you
"say what?" you furrowed your brows raising the slice to your mouth.
"my name" he finished off his can of coke
"William," you smiled over at him and caught the blush creeping up his neck. "don't let people see you blushing might ruin your reputation" you joked
"haha very funny" he flung a straw over at you. You laughed along with him and finished off your pizza. "alright c'mon we gotta pick up Max" he scooted out of his side of the booth.
"we?" you raised your brows at him.
"yeah you're my girlfriend now which means you have to run stupid little errands to pick up my stupid little sister" Billy states matter of factly.
"i think i could get used to that" he helped you out of the booth interlocking his fingers with your own. "Where is she anyway?" Billy held open his passenger door for you.
"wheelers" he replied before jogging around to the drivers side. You picked up your backpack and began rifling through it as he backed out of the parking lot. "What are you doing?" he shot you a look before returning his focus to the road.
"ahah" you cheered picking up a tape from the bottom of your bag. You reached forward, opening up the cassette player. You smiled to yourself as music began filling the car.
"You just have that on hand," Billy laughed.
"well i made it for Steve cause his music taste is actually ass, but i have a feeling i'll be in your car more than i'll be in his so"
"damn right you will be" Billy shot you a toothy smile resting his hand on your thigh. You wrapped your fingers around his and watched the trees blur as you sped down the road and the lyrics of 'Detroit Rock City' filled your ears.

****
published 7/16/2022