1

Adjusting the collar of your jean jacket you looked down at your dirtied white high tops hanging off the side of your roof and took in the silence that engulfed you. Quite a rare occurrence since the Hargroves moved in..

Once the Hargrove's moved in the quiet peaceful atmosphere that you used to escape the reality of your life was disrupted. At around the same time every night screams erupt from there other wise seemingly quiet house. Then about 15 minutes later Billy the oldest of the two kids storms out of the front door and into his blue 1979' Camaro.

You blew a puff of smoke from the cigarette in your hand before putting it out. "Right on time" You sighed and laid your head in my arms. You watched the silhouettes through the closed curtains and sighed "seems rough" You said under your breath. Once it quieted down you watched the front door slam open. Billy stumbled out of the house running a hand through his curly mullet. He looked up and locked his eyes with yours before disappearing into his car. Shivers ran up your spine causing you to decide it was time to head to bed. You stepped in through the open window and chucked your jacket onto the ground. Not bothering to change out of your jeans you let out and yawn and laid down falling into your inevitable sleep.

You woke up with a start to a car horn honking outside. You looked out your window cringing at the site of your best friends car.
"Shit" You mumbled due to your sleepy state and threw on random clothes. You quickly tied your high tops, grabbed hold of your guitar in its case and threw your bag over your left shoulder before stomping down the stairs.

"HEY EAT BREAKFAST" Your mom yelled as you ran past the kitchen. You laughed and grabbed an apple biting into it -holding it in your mouth- and running out of the house. You threw your stuff into the back seats before sliding into the front.

"Whoa morning" Jonathan laughed starting the car. You bit into the apple taking it out of your mouth "long night?" He asked amused.
"You could say that" he handed you a hairbrush. You silently thanked him brushing your H/c hair "how's will?" you questioned fastening your seat belt
"Good. He's good" he smiled looking at you quickly.
"I'm sorry about Nancy.. she's an idiot" You said causing his jaw to clench.
"Yeah.. an idiot" he said softly You looked down lightly as the car pulled into the parking lot of Hawkins High.
"Any new pictures?" You asked effectively changing the subject.
"Yeah you can come with me to develop them at lunch if you want" he smiled and you nodded with a smile then opened the door stepping out onto the black pavement.

"Morning y/n" Nancy smiled leaning against Steve's car parked next to Jonathan's
"Good morning Nancy" You slipped your bag over your shoulders
"Here" Jonathan smiled handing you your guitar case. You smiled taking it from him thanking him sweetly. He smiled solemnly and leaned against his car as the four of you all began talking about anything and everything from your summers.
"A new family moved in across the street" You nodded your head. 
"Yeah?" Nancy acknowledged you.
"Yeah from California.. who in their right mind would want to move from California to Hawkins Indiana" You laughed
"Who knows" Jonathan put his hands in his jean jacket pockets.
All your attention immediately snapped to the blue 1979' Camaro that pulled into the parking spot across the way from you blasting music. Your breath hitched in your throat as Billy's black boots hit the pavement causing whispers to erupt around the parking lot.
"Is that him" Nancy asked and all you could do was give her a simple nod. Not many people could rock the Jean on Jean look. -It however suited him nicely- He looked over and locked eyes with you a smirk tugging at his lips. You rolled my eyes and looked away. 
"Wanna come with me to the music room?" You turned your focus back to Jonathan who was looking at the oh so interesting floor
"Y-Yeah please" he said. You smiled kindly at Nancy and wished her a goodbye as Jonathan took the guitar from your hands. The two of you made your way towards the entrance of the school and carried on with your lives as if everyone at school wasn't whispering around you about the 'hot new boy'. 
"How's your mom?" You asked making small talk as you made your way through the corridors of your school
"She's good, has a new boyfriend. Bob." he said smiling lightly
"good I'm glad" You smiled opening the door to the music room. You set your guitar in a locker in the corner "thank you" You smiled at your best friend in front of you
"Yeah anytime" he smiled as you left the room towards your lockers that were right next to each other's. You set your bag inside and grabbed hold of the book you needed for your first class of the day. The doors to the school opened and the corridor immediately fell into a silence as billy entered the room hands in his jacket pocket lollipop in his mouth. You shivered lightly before turning around and looking at your locker door.
"You ok?" Jonathan asked
"Yeah I'm fine, stop worrying so much" you smiled lightheartedly 
"Well after last year-" You cut him off
"Please don't talk about it" you said looking at him. He smiled as you locked arms with him and you both walked straight past billy -who was leaned up against a locker talking to a girl- towards your first class. You could practically feel his eyes burning holes into your side. You cleared your throat and entered the English classroom. You saw Nancy already sitting so you took a seat behind her. Jonathan sat behind you and you waited patiently for the bell to ring.
"Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen" You immediately zoned out not caring to listen to the same boring old beginning of the year speech.

"You're late" You looked up to see billy coming through the door
"My apologies" he smirked
"Take a seat Mr. Hargrove" Your teacher glared unamused and continued the lesson. Your nose was hit with a whiff of Cologne and smoke as he took the only open seat next to Jonathan. You felt Jonathan tap your shoulder and a noted was passed to you.
'This is your neighbor right?'
You smiled at his messy handwriting and started writing out a response
'Sadly'
You handed it back then flicked his head as he laughed. Out of the corner of your eyes you saw Billy staring at the two of you. 
"Mr. Byers, Ms. L/N. Would you like to share with the class" You smiled cocking your head
"Not particularly, however I would like to know how you got those dark hickeys on your neck-" The teacher cut you off
"MISS L/N OUT OF MY CLASS NOW" You smiled
"Gladly" You grabbed your stuff
"Could you grab my guitar after school?" You asked Jonathan
"Where are you going?" He asked getting only a smile in response from you.
"Y/n/n" he said with a concerned look on his face
"Later Byers" You said leaving the class room. You were a few lockers from the door of the classroom when it opened again. You watched Billy step out through the corner of your eyes.
"What'd you do"
"Just left" he shrugged. You opened your locker and threw your book in grabbing your backpack. 
"Well Hargrove. Wanna get out of here" You ran a hand through your hair. He smirked at you and spun his keys around his fingers. Inevitably giving you your answer.

*******
*Edited 8/6/2020*