"You okay?"

Song - Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

All 5 of us start heading back the way we came when Dustin starts claiming that the main snake dog was in fact the pollywog he had been talking about earlier.

"You positive that was dart?" Lucas sighs.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

"He was tiny two days ago," Max observes.

"Well, he molted three times already."

"Malted?" Steve questions.

"Molted. Shedding skin to make room for new growth. Like hornworms."

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max worries.

"It's gotta be soon. When he does he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve walks ahead.

"Wait, a cat! Dart ate a cat?" Lucas freaks out and I watch silently by Steve.

"No..." Dustin falters.

"What are you talking about? He ate mews." Steve deadpans and I can't help but laugh on the inside at his bluntness.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max looks at us.

"It's Dustin's cat." Steve answers.

"Steve!" Dustin yells.

"I knew it you kept him!" Lucas complains.

"No! No. No, no I, he missed me! He wanted to come home."

"bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon okay?"

"Oh, so now you admit it?"

"Guys, who cares, we have to go." Max ushers.

"I care! You put the party in jeopardy. You broke the rule of law!"

"So did you!"

"What!"

"You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin shines the flashlight in Max's face.

"A stranger!" She blinks.

"You wanted to tell her too!" Lucas defends.

"But I didn't Lucas, okay! I didn't tell her." Everything after that kind of goes one ear and out the other because I notice Steve look off into the distance.

"You okay?" I whisper.

"Listen." He instructs, and I do. I hear screeching in the distance like the sounds that the snake dog made.

"Guys!" Steve yells to the other three but they continue arguing with each other. "Guys!"

Steve starts to run off towards the sound and my first instinct is to follow him and my second is to stay with Max who still isn't following but instead yelling questions so she doesn't get lost.

I put my hand on her shoulder and she turns to face me.

"You trust me right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I mean-"

"That is all you need to say. If you trust me, then trust me when I say that Steve would not lead us to certain death okay. He cares more than you think he does."

"How do you know? Are you two like dating or something? That hug-"

"No we are not dating. I know because when we battled these things last year it was basically Steve's fault that I did not die. So come on before they go so far that we really do lose them." I plead and she nods before we run off to join them once more."