ೃ⁀➷ Chapter 1: meet kwon jinah

┊┊┊┊ ۪ ˚

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧

┊┊┊┊ ۪ ˚

⚠️ this story contains topics as eating disorders, body dysmorphia, low self esteem, negative thinking, perfectionism and obsession. please read at your own risk. ⚠️

"Come on Robin" twenty-year-old Kwon Jinah called and turned around to her three-year-old Golden Retriever. Robin was a golden, fluffy dog with floppy ears and a wagging tail. She had a blood red bandana around her neck and her pink tongue was poking out of her mouth.

Jinah had gotten Robin as a puppy, since her parents thought the only child had been lonely her whole life. So the Nerd, that Jinah was, she named the dog after her favorite character from the Sci-Fi/Horror show Stranger Things.

And Robin was Jinah's workout buddy as the young woman was on yet another diet.

It was currently 7:30 a.m and the Gemini was jogging in Hangang Park to get rid of her bloated face from the pack of Shin Ramyeon she had devoured last night. Jinah hated herself for being reckless, but she had been rewatching season three of Stranger Things once again and just craved for a small portion of her favorite snack.

Even though it meant for her to run an hour more than normal. Robin didn't mind being outside in the early morning. It was a warm day in July and the air was still fresh from the night and not humid and sticky. The fluffy dog ran in front of Jinah and enjoyed the morning walk.

Jinah was a shy young woman. She was the only child of her parents and the apple of their eye. Jinah was not like other kids in their clientele. Jinah was the daughter of a model and the chairman of Seoul Zoo.

She had grown up in a world of luxury and wealth. But even if she has wealthy parents, and had a lot of money on her hands, Jinah was still humble, quiet and most of all invisible. Compared to the other Chaebol-children Jinah had grown up with, she was always the odd one out.

She didn't care for the newest brands, the fanciest clothes, the most high-tech cellphones and other stuff the kids around her were interested in. Jinah loved being around the animals in her fathers zoo—especially the penguins.

So when she graduated high school and took the entrance exams for college, she decided to not go to college but rather start a vocational education at Seoul Zoo. She wanted to become a zookeeper.

When she told her parents, her mother almost started crying. She had dreamt of Jinah to become a doctor, a teacher or a politician. Not a simple zookeeper. Her father had looked at her and pushed his glasses up his nose. "If I allow you to become a zookeeper" he had started and had looked at Jinah with a strict expression on his tanned face, "will you take over the job once I retire?" To that, Jinah couldn't answer.