ೃ⁀➷ Chapter 15: reset to default settings

┊┊┊┊ ۪ ˚

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧

┊┊┊┊ ۪ ˚

⚠️ this story contains topics as eating disorders, body dysmorphia, low self esteem, negative thinking, perfectionism and obsession. please read at your own risk. ⚠️

Park Jay really didn't want to do this. He had barely slept these past two days and this was a task he would rather like to skip. Still he promised Kwon Jinah to do this. His driver parked in front of a university and Jay climbed out.

He pushed his black hair out of his face and fixed his sunglasses as he walked up the steps of the university. He looked at the map on the right and quickly found the department Lee Namsoo was studying at.

Moving through the university he got a phone out of the back packet of his denim pants. It was Jinah's phone. The screen was cracked. Jay quickly unlocked it and opened Kakao Talk. He shot Lee Namsoo a message, asking her to meet him in front of the department building.

Namsoo answered a quick "OK" and Jay stuffed the phone back in his pocket. He crossed his arms in front of his chest, waiting in front of the building. It took Namsoo ten minutes to reach him. She looked around for Jinah and didn't see her. She let out an annoyed sigh, when Jay called her.

"Lee Namsoo?", he asked and the petite girl turned around and cocked an eyebrow. "Yes?", she answered and Jay took off his sunglasses. "I'm Jay, Jinah's best friend." Namsoo eyed the boy. "And?", she asked and Jay rolled his eyes.

He didn't like her.

"I don't want to be here either" he said sarcastically, "but I'm here on Jinah's demand." This caught Namsoo's attention. "I was wondering where she went to! I haven't seen her at work and she doesn't answer any texts or calls." She faked a smile, "Don't tell me she ran off with that Jackass!"

Namsoo chuckled hysterically, but when she looked back at Jay and saw the tired expression on his face she stopped. Something seemed off. Why on earth would Jinah send her Chaebol friend to her university.

She pushed back a strand of hair and looked at Jay. "What is it?", she then asked. She watched Jay's expression turn from stern to soft, almost sad. "It's Jinah" he said and looked down. He fumbled around with his sunglasses.

"I've been suspecting this for ages, but I didn't think it's true" Jay rambled and Namsoo cocked an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." Jay looked up. "Jinah passed out during a run last weekend" Jay said and Namsoo shook her shoulders. "And?"

"She's been in the hospital ever since."

This caught Namsoo off guard. She remembered the day she hugged her; how skinny Jinah had felt under her oversized clothes. She stopped the sarcastic act and looked at Jay. "Did she faint due to her weight?", she asked and Jay looked up.