ೃ⁀➷ Chapter 11: the deal

┊┊┊┊ ۪ ˚

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧

┊┊┊┊ ۪ ˚

⚠️ this story contains topics as eating disorders, body dysmorphia, low self esteem, negative thinking, perfectionism and obsession. please read at your own risk. ⚠️

After Jake and Jinah finished their shifts, they met up at Jinah's Mini.

Robin was sitting by Jinah's feet, huffing air out of her mouth; while Jinah was nervously walking up and down her car. If Robin could speak, she'd probably asked her owner why she was acting so strange all of a sudden.

It was just a meetup between budding friends. Nothing more. Right?

Then why did Jinah feel so nervous? She never felt so nervous when she was with Jay. But something about being with Jake—and being with just Jake made her nervous all of a sudden.

"I don't think I can do this" Jinah let out and knelt down next to her dog. Robin lifted her head from her paws and looked at Jinah. "I don't think I can just meet him like this." She shook her head and leaned forward, hiding her face in the fluffy fur of the Golden Retriever.

"Maybe I should just get in the car and drive away?", she looked at Robin when she heard a chuckle behind her. "You just want to leave me behind?", asked Jake and Jinah froze on the spot. "I-I-I didn't say that" she chuckled and slowly stood up. Robin ran up to Jake and sniffed his legs.

He bend down and pet the dog. "I was just kidding, no need to get defensive, Jinah." He smiled at her and something about his smile made warmth spread all across her body. She grinned and watched Jake interact with her dog.

Something in her got warm as she watched Robin lick Jakes cheek. "Robin, don't" she whined, but Jake shook his head. "It's okay, my dog, Layla, use to do this as well" he grinned and patted Robin one last time before standing up.

"Have I ever showed you a picture of her?", he asked and Jinah shook her head. "Not really" she answered, "but if it's a crusty ass white dog like all Koreans have, I don't want to see it!", the Gemini let out and Jake chuckled. "She's not a crusty ass white dog" he chuckled and scrolled through his phone, until he found a picture of Layla he liked.

"That's Layla" he said and turned the phone around. On the picture was a Cream Border Collie with a bright dog smile. He scrolled through a few pictures. "Isn't she the cutest?", he asked and locked eyes with Jinah.

Jinah suddenly realized how close she and Jake were and heat rushed to her cheeks. "S-She is super cute!", she let out. "I bet Robin and her would get along well", grinned Jake and looked at the pictures of his dog once more before locking the phone and shoving it in the pocket of his jeans.