ೃ⁀➷ Chapter 13: one step forward, three steps back

┊┊┊┊ ۪ ˚

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧

┊┊┊┊ ۪ ˚

⚠️ this story contains topics as eating disorders, body dysmorphia, low self esteem, negative thinking, perfectionism and obsession. please read at your own risk. ⚠️

When Jinah came home, Park Jay was lounging on the couch in the Kwon family's living room; Robin was resting her head on his lap and he was watching a RomCom.

After kicking off her shoes, she waddled into the living room and slouched down onto the couch, resting her head on Jay's shoulder. "Aaaaaand?", her best friend asked. Even Robin lifted her head and looked at Jinah with big eyes.

Jinah was still holding on to the photo she and Jake had taken at the photo booth in the arcade. A smile grew onto her lips. "It was absolutely astounding", smiled Jinah and giggled quietly. "Jake was so charming!" She shook her head in disbelief.

"And he was so handsome? His eyes are whole solar systems! JJ, I don't know what happened but the man I was hanging out with today wasn't my dorky co-worker! Jake is... I don't know..."

A pink hue shimmered on Jinah's cheeks and Jay smiled. He hadn't seen his friend this happy in ages. This smile was Jinah's real smile. "I'm glad you had fun, Jin" he said and gently patted the top of her head.

"You can never guess what he told me!", Jinah grinned and pulled her legs onto the couch. She turned around to face her friend, the picture still in her hands. Jay glanced at the piece of paper and quickly snatched it out of Jinah's hand, eyeing the boy on the picture.

His gaze softened when he saw the delicacy with how this Jake dude was looking at Jinah.

"What did he say?", he asked, giving Jinah back the memory of her very first date. Jinah smiled at the picture before looking at Jay. "He called me beautiful, JJ. Jake called me beautiful."

Silence washed over the living room. Just the chatter on the television was heard, as Jay slowly blinked and looked at Jinah. "What?", he asked and Jinah felt her body immediately turn cold.

Jay disapproved of this. Jay probably thought she was too fat and ugly for someone like Jake. A girl as petite as Namsoo probably had better chances with Jake. She was pretty, thin, feminine, cute and had long hair. Jinah wasn't beautiful.

"M-Maybe I misheard what Jake told me", Jinah quietly let out and looked at Jay. Jay furrowed his brows and glared at his friend. "What the fuck are you saying, Jinah?", he hissed. "Of course Jake would think you're beautiful! You're gorgeous. Haven't you realized that yet?"

Jay's words didn't quite reach Jinah's consciousness. It felt like her ears were stuffed with foam and she couldn't hear properly. And all of a sudden she remembered all the junk and trash she was eating and drinking today.