Chapter 11

The next morning, you woke up in a cold sweat. You had another nightmare about what Bill had done to you. You look over, and Eddie is still asleep. You quietly get up without disturbing him. You grab a joint from the nightstand and walk out of the bedroom. You see Wayne sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee and a cigarette.

"Hey there, kiddo. You doing ok today?" he asks you.

"I wish I could say yes, but I can't. I keep having nightmares about it.", you respond. You pour yourself a cup of coffee and sit in the recliner. "It all keeps flashing in my mind as a movie. It terrifies me.", you tell Wayne. Tears start to roll down your cheeks as you explain to Wayne what is going through your mind, and it keeps making you feel.

"It is completely understandable. You went through a traumatic experience. Are you going to be going to school?" he asks you.

"No. I'm not going for the rest of the week. I can't face anyone there right now.", you reply. Wayne looks up and sees Eddie walking down the hall. You are still looking down at the coffee in your hands that you haven't even drunk from. You continue talking to Wayne about what you are feeling. He watches as Eddie's face drops. You turn around and see Eddie standing there.

"Is that what you are really feeling right now?" Eddie questioned.

"I...I..." you begin to say, but Eddie turns and walks back to the bedroom and slams the door. You put the coffee on the side table and put your head in your hands and start to sob. "I really fucked up. I don't know how to explain it to him." you sob into your hands.

"It will be alright, kiddo. He understands that something terrible happened to you. I'm sure he just doesn't know how to comfort you right now. Give it time. You will heal. You just take it easy. I have to head out to work.", Wayne says, getting up from the couch. He walks out the front door to his truck and leaves.

You get up and walk down the hall to the bedroom. You open the door and see Eddie sitting on the bed playing his guitar. "Eddie?" you say. He looks at you and turns away. "Eddie, please, don't be upset with me. I just don't know how to process all of what has happened. I love you, and I always will.", you say, walking over to him.

"I love you too, but hearing what you said about everything and not feeling comfortable being touched is a lot. You let me hold you last night. I want to help you, but you need to let me help you.", he says, reaching for your hand. You pull away from him. "Don't pull away from me. You can't let it rule you like that. Remember what is on your finger.", Eddie says, continuing to reach for you. You flinch slightly as grabs your hand. "Baby, I don't want you to hide your thoughts and feelings from me. I want you to be able to talk to me.", he says, pulling you toward him.

You fight a little, but eventually, give in and hug him. Eddie holds you close as you start to sob again. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. I should never have let that happen. I should have fought harder to get away. He was just too strong to fight off.", you sobbed into Eddie.

"Y/n, this isn't your fault. You fought the best you could to get him off of you. I will never let anything like that happen to you again. I promise you.", Eddie says as he holds you. You get up and grab a sweatshirt to hide your body more. You are still uncomfortable in your own skin.

"I will be right back. I'm just going to the bathroom.", you say, walking out of the bedroom. You go into the bathroom and lock the door. You open the mirror and pull out a small blade. You take the small blade and make small little cuts across your wrists. You make a few cuts and then clean them up. You pull the sleeves of the sweatshirt down and walk out of the bathroom.

"Come lay down with me. We can watch movies all day.", Eddie says, gesturing for you to lie down next to him. You climb in next to Eddie and lie down. He starts the movie after you lie down. He wraps his arms around you and feels something off on your wrists. "Y/n, what is this on your wrists?" he asks angrily, holding up your arms and rolling the sleeves down.