Chapter 10

10: The Favorite Girl

To Natasha's surprise, Steve didn't freak out when he woke up and saw her in bed with him. He was rather calm and relaxed and held her tighter. Well, she faked to be asleep to gauge his reaction. The reaction satisfied her curiosity.

They had been sleeping in the same bed together for a week now and Natasha saw some progress on Steve's PTSD situation. Steve had less nightmares and he slept more comfortably and more peacefully. Natasha stuck close to his side all day and night to make sure he was doing okay. She had to be there to catch him if he fell again.

But overall the progress was very satisfying and the connection-bond between them was strengthened. Dr. White's theory was right. Your Soulmate is the only person in the world who can help you with everything. The only one who can pull you out of the darkest pits inside your mind.

She tried to be strong for both of them, considering how fragile Steve was right now. She was trying very hard to be strong but the only matter was when it would be her turn to break. She could see Steve was trying very hard to recover from this. He blamed himself for being weak even Natasha said it was nothing and it was totally normal for humans to experience depression.

But they had to do this together in order to move past this point.

She was the only one who got time to be in Steve's company because well, Fury grounded her due to the soulmate issue between her and Steve. They still had the distance issue that they couldn't shake, no matter how hard they were trying to fix this, to find a way to cheat this.

She couldn't go out undercover or do her job. Steve was nowhere near ready to get back in the field again. He didn't pick up his shield since well, he came out of the ice. He didn't touch it even once and left it in the corner of his room but she caught him staring at it when he was trying to think.

"Maybe you should try to pick it up again." She quietly spoke up when she walked into their bedroom and found him sitting in the armchair nearby the window while he stared at his shield.

"I don't want to." He replied, "I'm not worth it. I have barely handled my stress and PTSD. I don't think I can handle it."

"You can, Steven Rogers. Because you are Captain America."

"Maybe some other time, Natasha."

Steve got up from his seat but he noticed that she was dressed up quite nice like she was about to go out.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know. I just feel like dressing up because, you know, I can't exactly go out because I can't be too far away from you."

"Where do you want to go?"

"What?"

"We can go out."

"Are you sure, Steve?"

"Yeah, why not? I shouldn't be the reason to keep you inside the tower and you should tell me if you want to go out."

"I'm not sure if you want to go or not."

"I would love to, Natasha." Steve said with a bright smile she hadn't seen in a while, "But you have to help me with the wardrobe. I have no idea how people dress up these days."

Nat grabbed his hand and led him into their walk-in closet and began to raid his closet and tried to find the most up-to-date clothes for Steve. Lucky for her, everyone was there when they went on a big shopping trip to buy clothes for the Captain when they had heard that Steve would be living with them.

"Here you go." She handed him his clothes but Steve looked at them with panic in his eyes.

"Are you sure it will suit me?"