Chapter 23

23 : The Fall

Steve didn't know when he'd passed out. It must have been because he was losing too much blood or he was really tried. It felt like a day had passed but it was just two hours from when he last woke up.

Then he felt like he was being shackled to a chair of a machine. He saw Bucky standing close in case he had to put Steve down.

"Captain, the procedure will begin soon." Pierce said, "At least you don't have to go through a lot of pain like him." He nodded to the Winter Soldier, "You are in one piece, a perfect soldier, HYDRA has no need to alter any part of you…..Just your memory."

"No." Steve began to struggle and Bucky pinned him in place, "You don't have to wipe my memory. I will do what you want me to do just don't wipe my memories."

"You want to remember her, huh? Captain, I don't trust you and I doubt that you will comply so wiping everything will be a lot easier."

Pierce turned to talk to the scientist who oversaw the procedure. Steve turned to Bucky who kept staring at him.

"People are gonna die, Buck. I can't let that happen. We will kill innocent people for HYDRA if you don't help me." The captain said in hope that it will trigger something in Bucky, "Please, don't let them do this."

Steve saw that Bucky wasn't effected by any of his words but he will not lose hope in saving his friend. He will try his best to free his best friend.

"You will feel a little pain, Cap." Rumlow said as he put the safeguard in Steve's mouth, "But I really want to hear you scream like he did."

The machine began to run and the magnetic field pulled Steve back to the seat, grounding his movement. Then a zap of electricity jolted into him, hitting him hard enough that Steve felt like his memory had been ripped off. Of course the Captain struggled, trying to fight and hold on to that memory.

"Don't fight it, Captain. It only makes it worse." Pierce said, "We have a deal or else she will die."

"Or you HYDRA can get your ass kicked." Tony's voice came from the PA system.

The machine stopped as the hatch was blasted open by a repulser beam. Iron man flew in with Thor. The god of thunder charged into the Winter Soldier while Tony was dealing with the memory machine and released Steve from it.

"Man, are you alright?"

"Yeah. Where's my shield?"
"Somewhere around here"

Tony hadn't noticed that Rumlow was aiming an EMP luncher at him but luckily Sam flew in and kicked Rumlow away from the gun but his wing got shot by a cable gun from the Winter Soldier. Bucky tore the wing off and efficiently grounded the Falcon.

Thor punched the Winter Soldier before he could do any more damage to Sam and continued to battle him. Tony helped Steve up and gave him the comm. Steve located his shield and made his way to it.

"Steve, you have to get to the cockpit and take control of the plane." Hill's voice came through the com, "You have to dismantle the weapon system,"

"I'm on it."

"On you left is my quinjet and on your right, with the cloaking device on, is the Bus, Coulson's plane."

"Yes, ma'am."

"There will be more back up coming your way."

Steve made his way to the cockpit and knocked out the pilot. He knew there will be more of them so he just destroyed the defense system so his back up could board the plane.

"Another team will board the plane now." Coulson said, "You can go back to the hanger now, cap."

Steve looked out the window to find one of Coulson's agents had fired a cable at the cargo plane to establish a way to board this plane. He then headed back to the hanger.