Chapter 18

18 : The Christmas Party

The couple arrived at the Tower around 9 AM in the morning only to find chaos. Tower staff were everywhere with Tony, and Pepper oversaw everything to make sure it was all perfectly in place.

"You said that you needed us back." Natasha spoke up and gave Tony a deadly glare.

"Pepper knew it would be a mess if she let me handle this alone so she flew back from LA to spend the holidays with me early." Tony turned to tell one of the staff in Spanish to move the Christmas tree to the center of the living room.

"He literally begged me over the phone." Pepper whispered to the couple to tell the truth.

"That sound more like him." Natasha said.

"You two should go get some rest or do whatever you want." Pepper suggested, "I will send someone to measure your tuxedo and evening gown this afternoon. It's for the Christmas party."

"Why do we need a tuxedo and a gown?" Natasha asked. Voice gone cold and dangerous as she knew Pepper and Tony were hiding something.

"We kinda invited…like a hundred people from the mayor to the senators and important people."

"Pep!" The spy whined, "You know I don't like a crowd or a huge party!"

"Everyone wants to hang out with the Avengers, darling." Tony chimed in, "Especially me."

Natasha unleashed a string of Russian curse and walked to the elevator with Steve following behind. He wasn't one for a big party either. So he and Natasha might plan to head out of town before Tony and Pepper forced them.

"Can we go somewhere else?" Natasha spoke up once they were alone on their floor, "I don't want to be a part of this party."

"Sure, where do you want to go?"

"May I say something, ma'am, Captain?" JARVIS chimed in.

"Sure, JARVIS, go ahead." Nat replied to the AI.

"Mr. Stark and Miss Potts have got me tracking you and to alarm them the moment you leave the tower and Mr. Stark said that I have to do anything in my power to keep both of you inside the tower until the party."

"I'm a world class spy, JARVIS, and I have Captain America by my side."

"I am sure you can sneak out of the tower, ma'am." JARVIS said, "But the rest of the team will be at the party too. If that makes thing better."

"Fine…we will be there and wake us up when the tailor is here."

"Yes, ma'am"

Natasha turned to her soul mate. Hands tugged at the hem of his shirt, "Soldier, I will take a little nap and I hope you will join me."

Steve smiled, "Yes, ma'am."

___________________

The tailor came in the afternoon to measure their outfits for the party. Natasha helped pick the perfect tuxedo for Steve who wasn't sure of which one would suit him the best.

But she didn't let him be a part of choosing her gown.

"What's the surprise in it?" She asked and closed the door to her room in his face.

"That's not fair!" Steve yelled.

"I want to make your jaw drop when you see me tomorrow night!"

"You always make my jaw drop on daily basis, Natasha. I don't think I could do more than I already was!"