Chapter 11

11: The Different Side of the Same Coin

Steve offered to take Nat for a ride with him on his motorcycle. She was okay with it and ended up telling him the directions all the way to the Triskellion. Everyone who was in the main lobby that morning was surprised to see the Black Widow dragging a man into the building with her.

"Ma'am, we cannot let him inside." The guard said.

"He's with me." Natasha replied and tried to scare the man with her deadly glare.

"Natasha, I can wait for you in the lobby." Steve tried to solve the situation before they both got thrown out of the building but Natasha raised her hand up to stop him,

"I have important matters to discuss with Director Fury and this man is my soulmate so you know that I cannot be away from him. If he doesn't come with me, you may have to explain to the Director how I cannot be there to attend the meeting."

And it worked. The guy stepped away but gave Steve a security badge in exchange for his ID card. Natasha grinned devilishly because she knew the security guy will have a heart attack when he saw the name.

"You-You're Captain America?" He asked.

"In the past, yes but right now I'm kinda grounded with…her."

"I'm sorry, sir. I didn't recognize you."

Nat waved the guy off before he started to fangirling like her handler Coulson. They took the elevator up to Fury's office where the secretary told them that Fury was having a meeting with Maria Hill right now. They sat and waited while the secretary observed the couple openly. Natasha could tell that the secretary was very jealous that she had a very fine specimen in her arms like this.

Not to mention that he was Captain America.

They didn't have to wait for long. Maria came out five minutes later and gave them a nod.

"The director will see you now."

They got up and Steve followed her inside the director's office. Nat secretly slipped her hand in his as they walked but she hid their hands behind their backs.

"Yes, Agent Romanoff." Fury turned to them with his full attention, "Haven't see you in a while. I see you and Captain Rogers finally get along."

"Yes, sir." They both replied at the same time.

"What brings you two here today?"

"I would like to ask permission to take Captain Rogers and show him around SHIELD."

"Okay, permission granted." Fury said "Show him around, tell him about everything we do around here and make him feel at home."

"Of course, sir." Natasha nodded

"Go now."

Natasha dragged Steve out of the office right away. She knew just the place to show him and she knew he would like it.

___________________

Natasha took them back to the main lobby again and led him to the Wall of Valor. She knew it was the first place he would want to see in this entire establishment. He needed to know that there was always brave men and women who willing to sacrifice themselves to protect freedom and innocent lives. People who uphold and shared the same belief of Captain America.

"The Wall of Valor?" Steve asked. Eyes moving to read every name on it.

"Memorial to the fallen agent of SHIELD and the old SSR units." Natasha told "We have this wall in every SHIELD facilities"