twelve.

EVA KNEW SHE SHOULD HAVE TALKED TO JEREMIAH BUT SHE HAD JUST AVOID HIM. Several days had passed since the party and she had spoken as little as possible to Jeremiah, although he tried to start the discussion. She was just too embarrassed. Everyone had seen that something was happening because their inseparable duo was no more.

     Gaby had tried to convince her to talk to him but she didn't know what to tell him and was just afraid of embarrassing herself even more. She felt so uncomfortable for being so drunk in front of him and telling him she was in love with him.

     Even Steven had told her to go talk to him.

"You know, I don't know what happened between you guys but I just want it to go back to the way it was before." he had said one day when they had gone to the beach together.

"It'll be okay." she replied, more to convince herself than him.

"I need my favorite duo back. It's like Dean Martin without Jerry Lewis. Or Steve without Robin. Or Joey without Chandler. Or-"

"I get it, Steven." interrupted Eva. "I know. I'll talk to him. I'm just waiting for the right moment."

"Don't wait to much then."

     She had gone out with Eliott several times and she found him very nice, but she didn't want anything more than friendship with him. Her heart beat for another guy.

      Today was the 4th of July which meant that the dads were coming and that it was the twins' birthday. Eva came down to the kitchen just as Susannah was saying that Steven would have to take Belly to the ball if she didn't invite Cameron.

"No way, I'm going with Shayla." he told her.

"To the debutantes ball?" Laurel wondered.

"Yeah."

"As an escort?"

"Yeah. Shayla is coming over today with Nicole, Meredith and Gigi so you'll meet her."

"Look who's here." Suz sang when she saw the girl.

"Happy birthday!" everyone screamed and she chuckled.

      Everyone hugged her and she sat at the table to eat her breakfast, listening halfheartedly as the mothers told them that John - Belly and Steven's father - would be sleeping here with his new girlfriend Victoria, and that Jeremiah and Conrad's father couldn't come. Frank - Eva and Louis' father - was always on the road for his job but the Fourth of July was always a somewhat way to reunite them all together. It was a tradition.

     After Louis came downstairs and they wished him a happy birthday, everyone went into the living room to open the presents. Like every year, the twins sat face to face on the sofa to open their present first. Eva held out her gift with a big smile.

"Open mine first."

     Louis smiled as he took the present and tore off the paper.

"Oh God, you did not." he laughed.

"What's this?" Belly asked, leaning forward to try to see.

     Louis chuckled as he took the sweatshirt out of its box. He showed them and everyone could read the inscription on it. 'I have the best sister in the world.'

     Everyone laughed and Louis folded up the sweater kissing his sister on the cheek.

"Thank you. Don't take too much confidence though."

     He then handed her his present and she smiled as she opened it. She gasped as she saw what was inside.

"Oh my God, I love you! I wanted it so bad!" she exclaimed, releasing the complete skins series on DVD.