nineteen.

SUSANNAH SCREAMED WHEN SHE LEARNED JEREMIAH WAS TAKING EVA TO THE BALL. She really was their number one fan. Eva thought it was cute.

"I still don't know how you convinced him to go with you. He swore up and down he'd never go to one of these things. He'd do anything for you, sweetie." Suz told the girl the day of the ball. "His love for you is one of the thing I am the proudest of."

      Eva smiled at her and they entered the kitchen where the boys and Belly were eating. Belly and Conrad had talked after Nicole's party and she agreed to go to the ball with him, even if Taylor wasn't up for it. Jeremiah threw a cereal in the air and tilted his head back to catch it, which made Eva laugh. He turned around and smiled when he saw her.

"Hi, Vava."

"Hi." she smiled.

      She waved at everybody and kissed Jeremiah on the lips before sitting next to him while Louis pretended to be throwing up.

"Gross, don't do that in front of me."

      His sister grabbed a cereal and threw it at him.

"Everyone stay out of the family room." Susannah said. "I've done all your paintings and tonight after the ball, we'll have a big unveiling. Can you put that in Laurel's car, honey?" she asked Jeremiah, giving him the two dresses of Belly and Eva.

"Yeah." he said, grabbing them and running outside.

"Hurry, girls!"

"You're not driving us?" Belly asked Laurel and Caroline.

"We're going with Susannah."

"So I thought, you could drive you both." Laurel told her daughter, holding the keys.

"Really??"

"It's only a few blocks. Unless you don't want to?"

"Yes, yes!" Belly exclaimed, grabbing the keys.

"Drive slow, obey the lights, wait four seconds at each stop sign." Laurel reminded her.

"Yeah, I know!"

      As the two girls were about to leave, Conrad called Belly. Eva made a sign to her that she was waiting for her at the car and left the house when Jeremiah closed the trunk. He smiled leaning against the car as she joined him.

"You nervous?" he asked.

"A little." she confessed.

"Don't worry, we will be the best waltzers out there." he smiled.

"Oh, I know you'll be." she laughed. "But you know, I haven't seen them since Nicole's party and the others must know what happened by now, it'll be so embarassing."

"You want me to come with you? I could be your hairstylist/bodyguard." he winked.

"Um, really?" she giggled, putting her arms around his neck. "Sadly, no, you can't be in the room, it's girls only."

"Listen, love, you'll be fine. I'll be right by your side the whole night. I won't let you down, okay?" he told her and she nodded. "And if anybody gives you shit..."

"You'll do what? You'll stop smiling at them?" she mocked and he laughed.

"I'll be like 'yo, that's not cool at all', I'll grab you hand, and we'll dance away from anybody." he concluded, making her spin.

      She smiled as he put his hands on her hips to kiss her.

"I love you." she whispered between two kisses.