ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟟

✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑

Lined up next to the stage, with sweaty palms and a racing heartbeat, Olive waited with the rest of the tributes for the show to start. The costumes were as stereotypical as always, not leaving much room for the tributes to stand out by themselves. Actually, all the contrary. They were all so similar to one another that she could tell at first glance who would play flirty, fierce, humble, or innocent.

When they were finally allowed to get on the stage, they sat on the chairs, carefully aligned to let everyone see them perfectly well. Caesar Flickerman, the Hunger Games' host, joined them on the stage, cracking a few jokes before he called the girl from District One. For the interviews, the girls were interviewed before their male partner. And, as usual, District One was the first, while District Twelve was the last.

After twenty-one long minutes, Olive managed to get to the centre of the stage for her interview without suffering from a panic attack. What a show it would have been. A tribute having a panic attack in the middle of the stage. With the cameras. With the people analysing their every move, trying to figure out if they were enough to sponsor. How sick she felt from those looks. They seemed to have no end since her little brother's name was called back in the reaping.

"Well, Navin, before anything else, I'd like to ask about those gorgeous dresses you've been wearing since the opening ceremony. Could you explain the reason behind them?" Caesar asked once she was by his side, shaking his hand, though she had the urge to slap it.

Olive sighed softly, not loud enough to let anyone see it. She looked at Caesar's hair and tried her best to imagine the person she had chosen to replace him in her mind. "I think it would be as simple as reintroducing myself," she joked, bowing slightly to the crowd before adding with a smug grin. "I am District Four's other female tribute, Navin Olive Cresta."

I'm so not glad to be here or meet you. She thought, glancing at Caesar as he seemed to be processing the information in his mind, which seemed to click quite rapidly. He made a few jokes and proceeded to say how curious he was about her. However, the interviews weren't for that. And, if she won, they could talk about it at a greater length during a visit.

"It's a shame I can't share it with you and everyone else right now. It's actually a fascinating story. I suppose we'll have to leave it for now," she commented, shifting her position to show off how proud and confident she supposedly was about herself.

"The suspense is killing me!" He exclaimed, laughing his own frustration off at the end to make sure everyone understood it was a joke. "All right, let's rewind to the reaping. When your brother's name was drawn, and you volunteered. Could you tell us anything about him?"

No. In fact, I would rather list every little detail I hate about you, the damn Capitol, and the stupid Games than that . . . But I half-told Finnick, and I would absolutely tell him if he were to ask. Olive thought, putting on her best smile while dismissing her own thoughts. "His name is Theodore, but my family and I simply call him Theo. He's an unbearably sweet twelve-year-old. And I love him and my family more than anything in this world."

"What did they tell you after the reaping?" Caesar asked over the dead silence in the City Circle. Everyone had gone silent mere seconds after her reply. Perhaps because they were so into whatever she was saying, that they didn't dare to speak, to not miss a single word.

Olive chuckled softly, glancing from him to the crowd while trying to focus on imagining Caesar as Finnick. Something that was getting trickier with every stupid question he asked. "They urged me to win. And I went as far as to promise I would." She answered, taking a second before adding with the cocky tone she had heard Finnick use millions of times in the last few days. "So I'm not going down without a fight."