ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟠

✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑✑

"It's time, Olive," Cario's voice was decisive, though it carried a slightly sad tone. Everything was prepared for her to leave. After all, nothing she wore or had was hers. Even the clothes she wore to ride the hovercraft were specially given to her by the stylist.

Passing by the sitting room to go towards the door, Olive met her mentors, who seemed to be waiting for her to say goodbye. Librae was sitting peacefully, drinking from a cup, while the others got up to approach the two.

In the last hours she had been talking to Finnick, she had never said any farewell words. They were too busy talking about anything else. Fondness. Yeah, that must be what this feeling is. She thought, getting closer to him to engulf him in a hug. "I'll do my best."

"I'll be waiting, then," he whispered in a sad tone, although he tried to hide it behind a chuckle.

Mags smiled kindly at her, mumbling how important it was to stay clear from the Cornucopia during the first day. The bloodbath, as the mentors called it, was between the first ten to thirty minutes of the Games, where a lot of deaths happened. Usually, those from the Career districts would ally and kill the rest that went to get weapons.

"Alright, Mags, I'll do that," Olive answered with the same soft tone. Her eyes then landed on her other two mentors, Ron and Librae. "Any last-minute advice from you two?"

"As a good friend of mine once said, 'stay alive'," Librae said, a smirk forming on her lips as she folded her arms.

"Will try," Olive affirmed with a cocky tone, which made her mentor grin widely, almost as if she was proud of her. "Ron?"

"Do your best and don't do anything stupid out there," Ron spoke, receiving a nod in reply. While Cario took her away to get to the hovercraft, she noticed Ron discretely walking toward Finnick.

The doors were about to close behind her when Librae spoke up, saying the last phrase Olive was expecting to hear. "May the odds be ever in your favour, my ass."

After the ride in the hovercraft, Olive arrived at the Launching Room, where she would get ready before she got to the arena. Her right arm, where the tracker had been injected, still stung, but it wasn't nearly as bothersome as her own thoughts.

"Don't rub your arm, it will only hurt more," Cairo said. "And go have a shower."

She nodded and did as he said, coming out of the bathroom just as the clothes arrived. The same ones for every tribute, which would be designed especially for the arena they would be launched in. The stylists had no saying in whatever they wore, leaving the design completely to unknown Capitol people.

They were simple. A tank top. A plain shirt with loose sleeves. A jacket. Loose-fitting pants. And a pair of boots. From what Cario could deduct, all of them were made with lightweight layers, which meant it could be an extremely hot arena since heavy layers would contribute to dehydration while lightweight ones wouldn't.

"The last touch," Cario murmured, approaching her with the earring she had missed so much the past week. Before Olive placed it on her ear, she asked her stylist to have it in her hands to admire it.

"Be sure to tell my mentors that, if I die, they have to send a message to my family with my corpse. I want my twin to have this earring. Like that, she will never be alone. Mum and I will be protecting her . . . I don't want her to feel lonely. We'll always remain together. We're twins, after all. Not even death can do us apart." She stated, holding back the tears that were threatening to escape her eyes. "Her name's Annie. Tell my mentors to be sure to write about how much I loved and missed her and the rest of my family, please. My father, too."