4. The Elevator

Natasha rushes into the hospital and finds Steve, who's looking over Fury, who's in surgery. Natasha asks if Fury's going to make it.

Steve says he doesn't know.

"I hope so," Peggy whispered

"This is terrible." Bucky sighed and Steve agreed, leaning into him and giving him a small side hug.

Natasha asks about the shooter.

Steve says that he was fast, and strong and he had a metal arm.

Maria walks in. Natasha asks about the ballistics.

Maria says that there were 3 slugs and no rifling. She says that they were untraceable.

"Huh. Interesting." Howard mumbled to himself.

Natasha notes that they were soviet made.

Surgeons start rushing around Fury's room. A doctor says that he's in V-tach.

A nurse says that there's a crash card coming in.

A doctor asks the nurse to help him with the drape.

A doctor says that Fury's BP is dropping.

A doctor asks for a defibrillator and says to charge Fury at 100.

Natasha asks Fury not to do this to her.

"They must be close," Peggy stated

A doctor tells everyone to stand back then he shocks Fury and asks for a pulse.

A doctor says that there's no pulse.

The doctor calls for 200 and shocks Fury again and says to give him epinephrine and asks for a pulse.

A doctor says that there's no pulse.

Natasha repeats the words don't do this to me.'  Steve walks away from the window.

A doctor asks for the time.

The nurse gives it to him.

The doctor calls it and says the time of death was 1:03 am.

The room gave a moment of silence for the director.

Natasha and Steve are looking at Fury's body. Maria walks in and says she needs to take him.

Steve walks up to Natasha. Natasha leaves. Steve calls her name and follows her out. Natasha asks Steve why Fury was in his apartment.

Steve says he doesn't know.

Rumlow walks up to them and tells Steve that they want him back at SHIELD.

Steve tells him to give him a second.

Rumlow says that they want him now.

He turns to Natasha. Natasha calls him a terrible liar and walks away.

"Even now you're a terrible liar," Bucky said

___________________________

Sitwell, from an earpiece, tells the strike team to escort Steve to SHIELD for questioning.

Rumlow says that he told him.  Steve walks up to Rumlow.  The vending machine is shown. Steve has hidden the flash drive behind some gum.

Pierce is talking to Sharon. Steve walks up to them. Sharon greets him.