Extra Bitter Coffee Changes A Person, As Does Getting Possessed By A Witch

"Angel, what are you doing?" Ms Janeth asked Angel, who was standing in the doorway with a folder. Her eyes were drooping with purple bags and she was leaning against the door like she was liable to fall asleep at any moment.

"I'm here to turn in my Spanish and Algebra homework," she answered with a yawn, taking out said papers. "I've got a feeling that I'm going to have trouble in class, likely forget to even turn them in."

"Ándale, have you been sleeping properly?" Uhl asked, sounding both exasperated and worried. Angel smiled sheepishly.

"Would it make you feel better if I said yes?"

"No, it would not. Why haven't you been sleeping well?" That list was a mile long and started with help the trollhunters as much as possible without being seen, took a pitstop in training town, and stopped with the fighting Gum-Gums and waiting for Gunmar to show face. School was somewhere in the middle. Uhl sighed and muttered something in Spanish.

"Hey, where's the coffee?" Coach Lawrence asked, searching the cupboards for the stuff.

"Here you are, Coach," Angel said and without thinking, walked into the lounge and picked up the coffee can near the fake plant. As she handed it to Coach, she realized her mistake. "Oh no. I'm so sorry. I-I'll l-"

"No, Ms Sweet," Uhl interrupted. "Stand by the door. I'm going to give you some coffee to help you get through today, but tomorrow, you had better be well rested. Understand?" Angel agreed and did as he said. The coffee looked less appetizing that she usually liked and Uhl made her drink it black to get the entirety of the effects.

First period was history, so it was a wonder she stayed up at all. Second was Algebra and Ms Janeth was working one on one, so it was easier. Third was her office work and fourth was her off period.

But before fifth, she couldn't help but take a swig just to perk herself up. She made an audible noise of disgust, the coffee worse than the usual ones she got.

"This is why I only get iced mocha's," she muttered as the bell rang. But she felt better almost instantly. She was more aware of everything around her, the smell of the books new and old, the perfume of the librarian; the cafeteria was serving chicken surprise again. Wait, how could she smell that from across the school?

She was suddenly upset that chicken surprise was being served again. No one liked it. And come to think of it, she thought as the bell rang, we should get more time in between classes. She never had time to do anything other than go to stupid class. Everything was stupid. She was stupid for going back to school. It had gotten her kidnapped, it had gotten her beat up, it was just another thing to cause her stress.

And while she was at it, she was stupid for not having breakfast. She gave another sniff and looked to her feet. She had been lazy the past couple days and hadn't changed her socks. She decided she couldn't wait one more period for lunch and began taking off her shoes.

"Angel, you can't take off your shoes in here," the librarian lightly chastised. Angel only growled, continuing what she was doing. The librarian would have pushed it, but an announcement came on for free tacos so she left.

"No one tells me what what to do," she muttered as she slurped down her socks. The word obey was annoying. It made her gag. Her father, step-mother, stupid teachers; they all wanted obedience without question, to follow blindly. Everyone wanted things they couldn't have.

She did too. Every relationship she'd ever had, whether it be friends, family, love. Angelia Sweet was a horrible person who lost all contact with them the minute she found out she was immortal for the stupid, selfish reason of not wanting to be around for anyone else's death.