f o u r t e e n

After laughter, tears and silence, all mixed together, Dustin and Erica storm open the bathroom door, stopping right inside the door and glaring at the three of them

"Okay." Dustin starts, grabbing their attention. "What the hell?" 

The three, look at each other and burst out laughing again. 

"Get up, we gotta go." Dustin demands. 

Robin is the first to stand, then Steve gets up holding out his hands to assist Ronnie. Feeling the warmth of their hands together, they look up, giving a small smile before dropping their hands. They wait as Dustin peaks out his head from the bathroom, seeing the crowd from the movie showings come out. He gives his friends a wave, cuing them to follow him out of the bathroom, and into the crowd. 

"Blend." Dustin commands, leading through the crowd beside Erica.

"Home sweet home, here we come." Dustin mentions, making Steve and Ronnie's eyes widen, remembering what Steve said when he was drugged. 

"Uh, Dustin." Steve speaks up, trying not to alarm him.

"What?" 

"Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house." Steve adds. 

"Why?" 

"Well, Steve ratted you out." Ronnie explained, dodging past the other people coming out of the theater.

"Dude!" Dustin yells at him.

"I was drugged." Steve defends, still following Dustin's lead. 

"Guys." Robin interrupts their little love quarrel, pulling back the kids, when they all spot two men who were not mall security, looking through the swarm of people.

"Abort. Abort!" Dustin demands, turning around and running back towards the escalators.

"Come on, let's go, let's go." Steve adds, making sure everyone else slid down in between the escalators before he did. 

Running through the food court, trying to find a place to hide, Ronnie waves them over to one of the restaurant store vendors, jumping over the counter. They all leaned against the counter, trying to quiet their breathing in case the Russians were anywhere near them. 

They hear footsteps at a near distance, Ronnie's heartrate picking up, squeezing her eyes shut, when she feels a hand grab hers tightly. Looking to her left, seeing Steve look at her, giving her a reassuring nod. 

When the footsteps get closer, their hands squeeze even tighter, thinking the worst is going to happen, when they hear a loud car alarm go off. Unable to move, they all stay in place when they hear a crash. Getting up off the ground, they slowly raise their bodies up behind the counter, seeing a car flipped over into one of the vendors with three Russian men sprawled out on the ground. Slowly turning their heads over to the other side of the mall, they spot their friends on the second floor. Smiling back at forth, they run meeting them halfway.