Chapter Nine

After everyone made it home Phineas told the girls to change and that he had a surprise for them. They all got into a carriage.

Phineas took a moment to blindfold Charity and then they were off.

"What do you think daddy's going to show us Ev?" Caroline asked.

"Probably something cool. Maybe a mermaid!" She said, getting the excitement up.

She loved the two little girls to death.

Once they got to their destination the three girls got out.

Phineas helped Charity down. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

She laughed. "Don't you think there's enough blind trust in my life?"

"Well, isn't that what makes it fun?"

Once they were all off the carriage he walked her a few steps foreward.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes."

He took the blindfold off and Charity and the girls gasped. It was a huge house. It looked super fancy too.

They all walked up to the door and pushed it open.

The main entrance to the house was huge. There was a massive staircase on the back wall. There was a small dollhouse set out in the room.

"Helen, thats for you." Phineas said, pointing at the dollhouse. The little girl ran over to it and opened it up.

"And Caroline, this is for you." He said, kneeling down so he was eye level with the girl. He handed her the box and she carefully took it from him.

She slowly opened it and her face lit up when she saw what was inside.

It was her very own pair of ballet slippers.

"There's a ballet school just down the road. Right past your parents house, actually." He said to Charity.

Charity looked at him with an amused look on her face. "Don't tell me you bought this house just to rub my parents noses in your success?"

"Well, that wasn't the only reason. Come on. I'll show you all your rooms.

Phineas and Charity naturally took the largest room. The two little girls got the second and Evalyn got the smallest because she wouldn't be sharing.

It was still huge. She was so happy to have her own space.

-A few months later-

Caroline had been working hard at ballet school and it was the night of her first recital. The whole family got ready to go and went to the theater.

After the show was over they went to the room where all the parents were waiting.

Evalynn saw Julia with her brother and their parents. She wanted to go say hi, but she remembered the words of Julias parents and decided to admire the girl from afar.

She watched Philip, but something was different this time. She didn't quite feel in love with him anymore. She felt that when she looked at Julia. She brushed the weird feeling off and kept walking with her dad.

"Hey, sweetheart. Who's that young man over there?" Phineas asked Charity.

Charity and Evalynn looked where he was pointing.

"Oh, that's Philip Carlyle. A bit of a scandal they say." Charity said.

"His last play was a hit in London." Evalynn spoke. She was still watching Julia as they talked though.