A Moment Of Calm

Location
Capital City Lessu

It was currently night as Galen sat cross-legged meditating in a open area his eyes closed with Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano watching with her arms resting on the railings of a building. She hummed before she called out "Gale!"

The man in question opened his eyes and turned his head to look up at her. When she made a motion to come here Galen nodded and stood up as he began walking before jumping and using the force to jump further.

Landing on the roof Galen looked at her "What's up?"

"Oh nothing. Just wanted to see you quick you respond to me" She grinned when he looked down at her raising an eyebrow. "I'm kidding, I want to ask you about how much we help people"

Galen rested his arms on the railing "Ask away"

"Do you think we do enough?" She asked, which made him look at her from the corner of his eye. As if he recognised why she was thinking this. She hopes it isn't some kind of mind reading.

"No, I don't. But at the same time we don't have much of a choice. We can't always act of our own accord, we operate like a military branch now. We're not peacekeepers anymore we're commanders and generals. But still we are bound by tradition and politicians"

"How so?"

"Count Dooku was able to start this war almost unnoticed. Building an army, converting entire systems to his cause and he hid all of his true intent with his political skills. Even if we knew of it we'd have had no proof and wouldn't have been allowed to act"

Galen looked at Ahsoka who nodded him on to continue "As for tradition, you're aware of my use of the dark side correct?" She nodded again "There are almost no jedi who do so. Viewing the force as two separate sides, light and dark. Good and evil, but me...I'm quite literally living proof it's possible to use it in it's entirety if you are taught correctly....What I'm saying is the truth is-"

Galen turned to look at her "There cannot be light without the dark and there cannot be dark without the light. You just need the will to let them co-exist" As the two stared at each other Ahsoka grinned

"You'd make a great teacher, you've got the perfect I'm focused face" Galen immediately blinked and went

"Huh?"

Prompting Ahsoka to laugh "Yeah you're really good at explaining these things." She nudged him when he looked away "that's a good thing genius...but I think you're right on this. I've seen a lot of people who think all we do is make the war worse. And I think our restrictions allow that, you're new clone buddies are making a big fuss about how you plan to change the order and the Republic"

Galen turned sitting down looking up at the night sky. "Yeah, Master Windu says I'm the One In Balance. A jedi meant to use the force in it's entirety. It's similar to The Chosen One prophecy but he said he believes The Chosen One doesn't NECESSARILY mean using the force in balance. Whereas I will...It's quite the idea to put on me" he chuckled

"Are you scared?"

The question made Galen quickly look at her in surprise then relax as she sat down as well "Yeah. All the time. Every mission I know no matter how well thought out and how many powerful allies around me it could all fall apart. But I have more faith in my comrades than I do fear in probability. Even you for example, you've improved a great deal already since your training"

"You read my training reports?"

"Me, Anakin and Master Kenobi did. It was a routine check on progress and since me and Obi-Wan were already there so we checked with Anakin." He stared at the sky. "Beautiful planet this is, so many like it too."

Ahsoka slowly looked up as well "Agreed, and we're gonna free them all" she enthusiastically declared.

"That sounds like some enthusiasm Anakin would have, you really are his padawan" Galen gently rubbed her head before placing his hands back on his lap and closing his eyes starting to meditate. And Ahsoka joined him in doing so, a smile gracing both their faces.

A small chapter until my writers block for the next one stops.