章 40

"We missed you so much, Jaxon,"

Mom immediately hugged Jaxon as we entered our house here in NYC. Siya talaga ang unang niyakap? Hindi ako? Naniniwala na talaga ako sa sinabi ni Jaxon dati na onti na lang siya na ang anak at hindi ako. I smiled at hugged Dad instead at sinunod ko naman ang mga kapatid kong miss na miss din ako.

"Your Mom just misses Jaxon so much, the last time she saw him the day that you enrolled for your..." Dad stopped talking as Mom looked at us. My brows met out of curiousity.

"What?" I asked.

"4th year med school here," Ahya Job answered. I blinked twice, all of them knew?! Ako lang walang alam?! What is this?

They walked towards the dining area, before I walk I looked up to Jaxon. Siningkitan ko siya ng mata, tiningnan niya lang ako na parang kinakabahan din. He held my waist as we walked towards the dining area. 

"You will tell me about it, okay?" I whispered. He just smiled a bit and nodded.

When we entered the dining table, settled naman na agad ang family ni Jaxon at ang family ko duon. To be honest, this pamamanhikan is just for formality. Knowing that they even want us to marry each other during college days. Jaxon sat beside me and placed his hand on my thigh as I took a sigh. I can't believe! They didn't even let me know!

"Love, calm down," He whispered.

"I am!" I told him.

"Wow," Jaxon pursed his lips. 

"I'm calm, promise," I told him. Jaxon nodded.

Dinner got going. They asked as to the date of our wedding, and we are still awaiting word from the Feng Shui expert regarding the appropriateness of our anniversary date as well as the wedding's Chinese Zodiac sign. Actually, neither party really didn't mattered; it was simply Jaxon and I who wanted to make the wedding more in line with Chinese tradition because that was Jaxon's promise to Amah and Angkong.

After discussing the wedding date and some of the arrangements, we move on to the Chinese custom of gift-giving from the guy's family and then from my family. I blinked twice when Tita Yumi, Jaxon's mom gave me a key.

"Po?" I asked while looking at the key.

"Mom?" Jaxon asked too.

"Key," Tita Yumi said as she was giving us the key.

"Ano po 'to?" Jaxon asked. "Key for what?"

"New car," Tita Yumi said. "Your Dad and I thought about it. Halos lahat ng kotse mo, sports car. May pangalan nga, sports car naman. We bought a SUV for you," Tita Yumi placed the key on Jaxon's hand. "Para naman pag nagkapamilya na kayo, hindi kayo siksikan sa sports car mo," Tita Yumi jokingly rolled her eyes.