Chapter 2

Msi Harisa Velleaga

"Those trouser pants looks good on you, what the hell.." Mari complemented me as soon as I get inside the car.

The driver immediately drove off so both of us won't be late. "Did you bid goodbye to maman and mom?" Tanong ko habang inaayos ang buhok ko.

"Nope. Pwede ko naman sila i-text.."

Sinamaan ko sya ng tingin. "Mari.. what did I tell you?"

"Fine! Fine! Magpapaalam na ako from now on." She even raised both of her hands in the air to give me a sign that she surrendered.

"I'm going back to my pad tonight. I want you to be responsible, Mari. Mawawala ako sa bahay for some time." agad naman sya umangal. She doesn't like living in the house without me. "Please remind maman that she can't eat too much sweets or else the doctor will have to cut her leg. Blackmail her. And also remind mom not to work too much, and not to tease Mui because of Alina, please.. He'll be very upset—"

"What am I? A nurse?" hindi ako sumagot. "Bene.. I know what to do. Just don't expect me to lure around kuya."

"I won't make you do that.." natatawang sabi ko. "Baka maitapon nya tayo."

She rolled her eyes. "Can't I just stay in the pad with you?"

"No, Mari. Babalik din naman ako. Don't worry."

She pouted. "Whatever."

I chuckled.

Sanay na ako sa ugali ni Mari. She's a brat most of the time but she's sweet and very clingy, especially to me. I can say that.

Mari was named after Maman's mother, our grandmother, Marina Iane Vista-Velleaga. Which made her extremely special for maman.

"What's our first subject for today, Ate?"

Sya pa ang hindi nakakaalam, huh? Tsk tsk.

"Criminal Law 1, Mari.."

She smirked and then shrugged. "Oh is that so?" I nodded. "Va bene, thanks."

Nagtataka ko naman syang tinitigan.

When we arrive at school, agad kaming bumaba ni Mari. May mga istudyante na din na naroroon kahit maaga pa naman. Some greeted Mari and all I do is to say hi because for some reason I felt nervous.

My first class with Mari and Anaya will start at 9:30 and it's only 8 right now. I got a lot of time to see the whole school.

We went to the field where Mari said we will find Anaya. And she's right, Anaya is there talking to some girls—flirting to be specific.

"Aya!" Mari called her.

Anaya immediately turned to our direction and bid her goodbye to the three girls she's talking with.

Agad nya naman akong hinalikan sa pisngi ng makalapit samin ni Mari.

"Ate Msi! Student ka na talaga!"

I smirked and shrugged at her. I even did a twirl and then laughed. Natawa naman sila sa kalokohan ko. "Yeah. I came early, gusto ko lumibot."

Nagkatinginan naman silang dalawa.

"Want us to show you around?" My sister asked.

I shook my head. "I would love to. But as you see ayoko naman na masira diskarte nyong dalawa."

"Huh?"

"I know you pick up girls at this hour. I'll go and sort my way around the campus, girls." Agad ko silang tinapik sa pisngi at nagpaalam.