Chapter 13

Msi Harisa Velleaga

"MSI, I was so worried when I heard the news!" Alina, Mui's girlfriend, exclaimed as soon as she entered our house. I was sitting in the living room watching TV when she arrived.

She immediately ran towards me and hugged me tight. That's Alina for you.

Natawa naman ako. "I'm fine, Alina." Hinagod ko ang kaniyang likod. "Masyado lang nag over react sina maman."

"What over react? You totally collapsed in the field, Ate." Nakangusong singit ni Mari na kabababa lang galing siguro sa room niya.

Alina greeted her a good evening before sitting next to me.

I sighed. Everyone is worried, am I being too sensitive?

I kept on telling and insisting that I'm fine, even though I know for myself that there's a chance that I'm not really okay. I feel fine, but I don't look like it at all.

Mom entered the living room with a handful of snacks in a tray she was holding. "Snacks, everyone?"

"That's a lot, mom. Kami kami lang naman?" Nagtatakang sabi ni Mui na umupo sa tabi ni Alina. "Mari, pass me one biscuit." Agad naman itong sinunod ni Mari.

"That's because everyone is coming over for dinner tonight. Good thing darling Alina is here na." Mom gave me a smile.

"What's with the sudden gathering, though?" Mui asked our mom.

Ibinaba ni mommy ang tray sa center table at binigyan ng isang maahulugang tingin ang kapatid ko. Which made Mui winced.

"Your Tita Clea said that there's someone Annie wants us to meet, eh. You know naman your Tita Clea and Tita Annie will do anything Aya asked them." Well, that's true. Since she's an only child. "We'll see,"

All of us exchanged glances as soon as mommy went upstairs to see maman.

We're confused about who it is.

If I recall it correctly, Aya seemed quite upset this morning when I asked her some things that I didn't expect she'll be shocked with.

Nangunot ang noo ni Mari. "Do you know something about this, Marina?" I asked her.

Don't be confused if I call her by our grandmother's name. I usually use it to intimidate or scare her.

Kaagad siyang umiling. "I don't even know that they're a thing!"

"Who?" Alina spoke up. Natawa kaagad siya dahil sa panlalaki ng mata ni Mari. "Oh well, you know pala who is it, ha. Is it someone Aya really likes?"

Mari pouted and let her body lay on the sofa as she looked at the TV. "She's damn head over heels for that person. I didn't even think it was possible for them to work things out." Huminga siya nang malalim. "At kung siya nga ang taong naiisip ko na ipapakilala ni Aya.. Then, I freaking envy her for that."

I cleared my throat to speak up. "Why not introduce her to us, too?" I suggested.

"Msi.." may pagbabanta sa boses ni Mui. He's giving me a certain look, and I don't like it. "Stop it, for god's sake."

"Babe, ano ba?" Suway sakanya ni Alina. "We already talked about this, have we?"

"You can't blame me, baby. She's the last person I want to see married, she—"

"Shh, you can't interfere with something like that, babe." Pagputol ni Alina sa sinasabi ni Mui. "You should propose now if you don't want Mari to be married first."

Muka namang nagulat si Mui sa atake nang girlfriend niya, he has this out of this world terrified look. "Baby, are you in a hurry?" 

Alina jokingly looked and snaked her arms around mine. "I'll marry Msi if you are this slow, babe."