Chapter 9

Msi Harisa Velleaga

"WE'RE HERE, Miss ma'am." I declared as soon as I was done parking the car. The gate was pretty dark so I had to focus so I won't hit anything. Thank god the rain finally stopped.

Agad naman syang lumabas at hinintay ako bago kami maglakad in front of the door.

"I'm expecting that you won't tell anybody about this. Even Kamira." She said.

"Of course."

"May guest room ka ba?"

I nodded. "Yes, it's not that big but I hope that works for you."

She nodded with her cold eyes watching me. "That's not a problem. I just need the roof anyway."

I just smiled before entering my password on the door lock. It opened quickly and I almost wanted the ground to eat me because of what we both saw.

"What the heck are you doing here, Mari?!" I yelled when I saw her on the bar counter top while on her phone while only wearing her underwear.

"P-Professor Silvestre?" Mukang mas na confuse pa sya 'don kesa sa itsura nya.

Agad ako napatakbo sakanya at hinablot ang robe na nasa door hall. I pulled her on my back at isinuot sakanya ang robe.

"Why do you look like this, Mari? Are you nuts?" hinihingal na tanong ko.

Ngumiwi sya. "I'm the one who is supposed to ask you that. Why are you wi—"

"Shut it! Go to my room now. She needs a place to sleep tonight." I explained. "Don't tell anyone."

Napalingon ako kay Professor Silvestre na nasa state padin ng shock.

Aakyat na sana si Mari sa kwarto ko ng magsalita si Professor Silvestre.

"V-Velleaga.. I mean, Mari." She called my sister. "Wala sana makaala—"

Mari cut her off. "I don't know the reason but I need to understand this for my sister. Don't worry, Miss Kali. I won't spit a word."

"Thank you."

I waited to hear my room door to close so I would know if I could finally speak to Professor Silvestre again.

Agad ko syang nilapitan and apologize.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am. I didn't know Mari's gonna be here. She didn't notify me about sleeping over. I'm really sorry."

She shook her head. "It's fine, Velleaga. You should go to sleep and so did I."

I guided her inside the guest room. Thank god Mari didn't barge in here. The room seems fine so I faced her and gave her a smile.

"Please make yourself at home. Don't hesitate to go and barge in the kitchen if you ever feel hungry, Professor Silvestre." I said. "Call me if anything happens, I'll be upstairs."

"I get it." she said as she sat down on the bed slowly. "Thank you.." she said in a very low voice without even glancing at me.

Napangiti ako.

That's actually sweet.

"Happy to help you, Miss ma'am." I sigh. "Goodnight, Professor Silvestre."

Tumango nalang ako at nagpasyang lumabas na at isara ang pinto para makapag pahinga na sya dahil mukang napagod sya sa mga ginawa nya buong araw.

I was so close to shutting the door when I heard her speak.

"Sweet dreams, Velleaga."

I wasn't able to respond but my hand landed on my mouth when the door was finally closed. I ran to the sofa and sat down.