Chapter 10

Msi Harisa Velleaga

"GOOD MORNING." My eyes widened as soon as I entered the kitchen. "S-Sorry if I used your kitchen, I had to cook for breakfast. Pa-thank you for letting me stay."

My jaw dropped.

I totally forgot that she's here because of my idiotic consumption last night because of Mari.

Ugh!

"G-Good morning, Professor Silvestre." I tried to smile. "You don't have to cook us anything. I'm happy to help. But still, thank you for this wonderful breakfast."

She nodded without saying anything.

She cooked eggs and sausages. Fried rice and she also made some coffee for all of us. There's also a seasoned soup.

"Where's your sister?" Tanong nya ng makaupo kami sa breakfast table.

I scrunched my nose. "She woke up earlier than me. I took a bath and she's talking to someone on the phone. Bababa na 'yon once she smells food, don't worry ma'am." I sliced the egg.

Tumango nalang sya at nagsimula kumain. I keep on glancing at her.

I can't believe I'm seeing her this early, this is a healthy dose of cuteness first thing in the morning I must say. I've never thought that she would look like this with her morning face, extremely pretty.

It seems like she noticed that I was staring at her and raised her eyebrows. "What? May dumi ba sa muka ko, Velleaga?" Nagsimula na naman syang mag sungit.

"Nothing, ma'am." I smiled.

Magsasalita pa sana sya nang marinig kaagad namin ang maingay na bibig ni Mari galing sa kwarto.

"Good morning! Woah, it's been a while since I've said that to more than one person!" aniya at umupo sa tabi ko. "Ohh, you cooked, Miss Kali?"

"Yes." Malamig na sagot ni Professor Silvestre.

"Nice!" ngisi nya at sumimsim ng kape. "I'm surprised to see actual food in your house, Ate."

I raised my eyebrows and glared at Mari. Not minding Professor Silvestre's presence. "And what do you mean by that, Mari?"

She gave me a teasing grin. "You can cook but not good, you know it. That's why you order food every damn time!" 

This kid!

She's trying to embarrass me in front of Professor Silvestre. Bumaling ako sakanya at nakitang nakangisi sya.

She's having too much confidence in herself!

"You know, bella donna. My sister may be pretty and a bellissima kinda girl, but I won't let her cook in the casa." sabi nya pa kay Professor Silvestre.

She's really showing off her Italian skills. Napa irap nalang ako.

Nagtataka naman syang pinanonood ni Professor Silvestre.

"I don't know Italian, but okay, Mari. You should eat now and shut up." she almost scolded my sister. Mari took a bite of the egg and a taste of the soup.

"Oh my. This is bene!" She looked at me. "You should let her live here, Ate. You'll hate restaurants in less than a settimana!" Less than a week, huh?

Hindi nalang namin sya pinansin nagtuloy sa pagkain. My breakfast wasn't quiet for the first time. Mari kept on talking to the professor while all I do is to listen and laugh every time Mari tells jokes.