Chapter 12

Msi Harisa Velleaga

"VELLEAGA?" The voice of a woman welcomed me as soon as I opened my eyes. The place I woke up in was so bright, it almost blinded me.

I tried to regain my steady vision to see who it was.

Dahan dahan akong nagmulat to see a face that I didn't expect to see the very moment I opened my eyes.

My eyes widened. "P-Professor Silvestre." I murmured.

Her worried expression faded, it was replaced by an extreme relief based on the way she heavily sighed. "You're awake."

"Where am I?" I asked.

She helped me sit down on the bed. "School's infirmary."

Kaagad akong nagtaka. "Huh? Why? I'm totally okay."

She gave me a glare. "No, you were not. Inaapoy ka ng lagnat when I saw you dump in the field."  She explained.

My brows frowned. I touched my neck to see if I really had a cold.

Oh..

It's true.

"I didn't do anything, though." I said, trying to figure out this whole situation. "I don't remember doing things that can make me catch a cold—"

"You ran after me, you talked to me under the rain, Velleaga." Malamig na sabi niya. "Iyan ba ang malakas ang resistensya?"

I looked away.

Hindi niya ako pinansin at lumayo siya nang kaunti mula sa kama. Inayos niya ang curtain that's covering the whole bed space. I can hear some people talking behind the curtain and I am familiar with those voices. Mom, Maman, Mui and Mari for sure.

"I haven't told them yet that you're already awake. I still wanted to ask you something." She said, I suddenly got nervous which is unusual for me to feel.

I gulped. "What is it, miss?"

"Do you have to go that far just to help me?" Mahinang tanong niya.

Nangunot ang noo ko. "What do you mean?"

"I know.. I know that you are fragile—and yet the worst came. You got sick—"

"It's just a cold."

"A damn cold that is not good for you, and everyone in your life knows it, Velleaga." May diing sabi niya. "I'm not saying this because I care, okay? Just to be clear. Ginagawa ko ito dahil ayokong maging puno ng problema mo at ng pamilya mo. Ayoko'ng masisi, lalo na't alam ko na I'm the reason why you got sick."

She's overreacting over a simple cold. I don't even feel anything at all. I hope she will stop now.

Because this topic is very uncomfortable.

But even so, I gave her a sweet smile. "I would never blame you, Bloprof. Why would I want to place you in danger kung balak ko nga kayong iligtas whenever you need help?" Huminga ako nang malalim at inayos ang upo. "Donna dolce, I can't even bear seeing you struggle. So, why would I condemn you?"

Umirap kaagad siya. "Just tell me if you're trying to flirt with me, buong puso kitang dadagukan." She threatened me.

Violent woman.

"Sasabihan ko na sila na gising ka—" lalabas na sana siya nang pigilan ko siya. I grab her by her wrist. "What?"

I looked at her, trying to calm my nerves. "I.. I will play as Serafina Fiore."

For you. Dagdag ko sa isip ko.

"You're sick."

"I'll get better tomorrow, it'll pass. I wanted to do it to give you a certain victory. Playing as Serafina Fiore should do the thing." I sighed. "J-Just promise me one thing, miss."