Chapter 17

Msi Harisa Velleaga

"BEFORE YOU could ask anything.. I'm okay." mabilis na sabi niya nang makita niya ang itsura ko. She already processed my expressions the moment I entered the room.

No you're not!

I went in and shut the door behind me. Lumapit ako kaagad sa desk niya at kaagad tinitigan ang leeg niya.

"Did she say sorry?"

She glared at me. "Oo naman."

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. I didn't think twice about grabbing her face and tilting it gently. She was too shocked to even react with what I just did.

Sure, this isn't a typical student doing but she's hurt!

"Mierda.." I whispered seeing her bruise.

Mapairap siya. "I don't know what that is but that sure sounds like a bad word, Velleaga."

Napabitaw ako sa leeg niya ng makuntento na ako. That looks like it's gonna leave a scar, I'm worried now. "That's gonna leave a scar, do you know that, Bloprof?" 

"That again? Alam mo, pumasok ka nalang sa klase mo—"

"Ikaw ang first subject namin mamayang 10 o'clock." Humalukipkip ako. "I'm dragging Mari here to properly apologize to you."

She gave me a death stare. "You don't have to, Velleaga. Nakapag-sorry na ang kapatid mo sa clinic."

Napapikit ako. "Kahit na."

She angrily smacked her table. "Stop! Please."

"Hey, relax.." 

"Why does this look like a big deal to you anyway?" Nakangiwing banat niya sa akin na hindi ko kaagad nasagot. I stared at her, taken aback. "Sabi mo you're not like your family. That you're straight."

"I-I.."

"Niloloko mo ba ako?" Naiinis na sabi niya. "Do you have an idea kung ano ang gusto kong sabihin saiyo?"

Oh right, her message!

Umiling ako. "No.." napapahiyang sagot ko.

"Gusto kong sabihin sa iyo na wag mo na ako i-pursue like this." Tumayo siya mula sa upuan niya at hinarap ako. "Nakakagulo ka lang, get it? I'm not interested in this type of thing."

Nangunot kaagad ang noo ko. "Look, I'm just worried about you, Professor Silvestre. Why are you too worked up for—"

"Because you're too obvious, Velleaga!" She spat.

"Everything you're doing. Sobrang awkward para sa akin. I know your history too well and I'm not falling for this." She let out a deep sigh before continuing. "Every time you show that melodious smile of yours, it seems so wrong to say that you're just trying to make friends."

"W-Why?" I asked, trembling.

She frustratingly chuckled. "Why? Because maybe you got that smile from your mom? I don't know!" She pointed at me, napaatras ako ng tayo. "I know too well how Mari and Anaya flirt with Kamira and Lunaris. And it looks like you're just a calmer version of those two."

"Why does everyone keep on comparing me to them?" Mababaw ang boses na saad ko. "I know na hindi natitimo si Aya sa isang babae. Alam ko din kung paano kabilis mag sawa si Mari."

Natahimik siya.

"Can I ever be different?" I chortle.

"Paano ko malalaman? Baka it runs in the blood." Mataray na sagot niya pabalik na kinakuyom ng fist ko.

I let out a heavy sigh. "You are still so judgemental after all." Ngumuwi ako. "You Professor Silvestre and your hypercritical thinking."

Her brows met. "You don't even try denying it right now!"

"For what? It's pointless for you anyway!" Masama ang loob na palag ko. "Wala na tayong naging conversation na hindi mo ako ija-judge."

Natahimik siya bigla.

"I'm so happy whenever I see you, yet you disgust me?" I pointed at myself. Garagal na ang boses ko. "Bakit? Pag sinabi ko bang katulad na ako nina Mari, ano ba magiging sagot mo?"

Her lips trembled. "W-We can't be, Velleaga. You're my student!"

I sarcastically let out a laugh before giving her a smirk. "Iyon lang ba? That's easy."

"What do y-you mean?"

I stared at her.

What does she expect me to do?

"Then I'll drop out, if that's gonna do the trick. Facile." Velleaga's are not a quitter, Miss ma'am.

Shock flooded her face. As if she experienced the worst day of her life.

Masyado lang ako nadadala ng emosyon ngayon, I know. Pero desidido ako sa mga sinasabi ko. Hindi ko kakainin ang mga pinagsasasabi ko.

I will not play as Serafina.

I will not continue to study Law.

I will not study in VIU.

I will not accept her to just be my Professor.

"You can't do that!" Aniya. "We're in the middle of the semest—"

I can't help but to cut her off. "Actually, Miss. I can." I smiled. "Just get Anaya or Mari to play as Serafina. I don't want to play lovers."

"Kahit kailan hindi kita tatanggapin!" Hindi ko inaasahan na sasabihin niya iyon. "I will never accept you.."

Napabuntong hininga na nalang ako at inilibot ang paningin sa buong opisina niya. Kung saan siya lagi nagkukulong at namamalagi.

I stared into her eyes. "I don't believe you." Kampante kong sagot na mas lalo niyang kinainis. "Wala akong pinaniniwalan sa bawat na salitang lumalabas sa bibig mo."

"B-Bakit? Bakit ayaw mo maniwala?! I hate you, Valleaga!" Balak niya sanang lumapit pero sa inis niya ay hanggang sa pagbabanta na lamang ng sampal ang kinaya niya.

She went back to her seat and slammed her desk, making it as loud as possible.

She really is mad. Mad!

"Your face says otherwise. And I don't believe you so it won't hurt me." I sigh. "I don't wanna get hurt—"

"Wanting me is already a pain, Velleaga. Don't you ever notice that?" Gigil na ang kamao niya habang sinasabi iyon. She sarcastically chuckled and looked back at me. "And how can you be so sure that you can win me—"

Natigil siya ng kusa sa pagsasalita nang binigyan ko siya ng isang matamis na ngiti. A sincere one.

Napangiwi ako. "I am confident that I can be with you, not win you. You're not an item to be a prize for something, Bloprof. Tao ka katulad ko." Bumuntong hininga ako bago muling nagsalita. "I shall go now."

Hindi siya umimik at nanatili lamang siyang nakatitig sa akin. There's something with her stare at the moment, it looks like she's quite upset and sad at the same time.

I don't want to assume.

"I'll see you at the party." Ngumiti ako at sinubukang kumaway. "Don't bother buying gifts, I'll just have to see you there and it'll complete my day."

"I.. hate you." Mahina niyang bulong na narinig ko. "I hate you, Msi.."

Pero napatawa lamang ako.

"Salamat." I said before leaving the room with no intention of going to my class. I'm going home.

~🖋️🌙~