Arrival

After being on the bus for around half an hour we finally reached  Yorkshire High. We stopped right outside the gate. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the bus to see the massive college in front of me. It seemed way bigger than what it looked like in the pictures I had seen in the journals and on the website. "WOW this is incredible" I thought to myself. As I stood there staring at the school someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned quickly to see a girl standing behind me. "Welcome to Yorkshire High. My names Tina and I'm on the welcoming committee. Let me take you to your room". She seemed really sweet and friendly and of course I followed her. We reached room 392 "were here" she said in a high pitched tone. " There is an introduction module for all the new students in presentation room 4 at ten o'clock so make sure to be there okay." After saying that she gave me the key to the room and walked away into the corridor and disappeared. 

I placed the key in the door and unlocked it. I walked into a small enough room. The walls were a faded blue colour and there was grey carpets on the floor. There was a bunk bed in the corner and two wardrobes. " I wonder who I'm sharing with I thought. Just at that moment the bedroom door opened and in came Hollywood Barbie. I swear this girl had long blond hair and shinning blue eyes. She was quite tall like a model and she was wearing a pink mini dress with black sandals. "Can you believe this heat" she said with her perfect English accent. My names "Natalia. What's yours?" she asked "Blair" I said while trying to hide my intimidation by her. "Okay look I know you probably think I'm a bitch because I'm beautiful. Everyone always thinks that when they first meet me especially girls because there intimidated by me. But don't worry I'm harmless all you got to do is stay on my good end. Okay so lets be friends". "Wow, you don't hold back do you" I said. " No I prefer to be upfront and honest because then people wont mistake me as being two faced and I also prefer when people are honest with me so take note of that for the next ten months". "Will do" I said. Then suddenly there was a loud knock and the door swung open. "What do you think your doing. Have some manners" Natalia shouted. "Hey Blair, how's your first day going" Veronica shouted as she walked into the room. Veronica was starting her fourth year in the college so she new enough to get herself around without hesitation. Then she turned to Natalia and said "and as for you thanks for the warm welcome". I realized the tension in the room and quickly decided to ask Veronica to give me a tour of the campus. We headed out and walked through the huge building. Each room was followed by another. One was a science lab another was a kitchen for home economics another was how to medical and first aid etc. I knew I was going to get lost here. At least for the first month. We entered the first floor and passed by the engineering room. Veronica and I were talking about the boys on campus of course she brought up the topic I just listened to her and nodded pretending I was listening but instead my attention was on all the little details of the college I wanted to absorb it all in. The campus had this strange smell of wood and chalk all around it. The walls were a creamy white all around and the doors too it seemed a little strange. Something seemed very eerie about this place. The overall atmosphere of the place just felt off. 

As we were walking suddenly something caught my eye. "Wait what's that room?" I asked her. There was a worn out light faded brown door whereas all the other rooms had white doors. It was also hidden beside the janitors closet so you wouldn't really see it clearly. "that room, eh I'm not really sure all I know is there are a lot of rumours going around the school about it saying that it keeps dead bodies of past students who misbehaved or something like that" I stared at Veronica knowing that I can't trust what others believe but I was very curious to find out. Then suddenly the bell ran "dammit its ten o'clock I'm going to be late. I'll talk to you later" I said to Veronica and began running to the presentation room.

I asked for directions from about four people on the way and finally I reached my destination. To my luck the presentation had not yet started. So, I walked in behind the other beginner students and took my seat in the middle row. Then we waited for the lecturer to begin the induction.

***********************

Hi Everyone,

I am back and updating all the chapters of my series "The English Teacher" once its all updated i will be adding me chapters so stay tuned.

Please tell me what you think of it

YANA G