Family Reunion

My mother is one of the best psychologists in Philadelphia. She can read people before they even tell her there problems. All her patients from drug addicts to people with depression always come out healthy and satisfied with their treatment. My father on the other hand is one of the top lawyers in town. He has never lost a case in his life, he's always been successful in all the cases he's taken up. Then there's me a student in Yorkshire High who doesn't know what she wants to do with her life. I didn't want them to come out here I have too much going on and there just going to distract me from it. "Mom ,Dad what are you doing here?" I asked in a nervous suspicious expression. "Honey don't tell me you forgot the student, parent dance is on tomorrow where we unite as a family after a year of being apart" she explained. I picked up and checked the date on my phone, yes she's right its been exactly a year since I came to study here. Damn, time really does fly when your having fun.  "Oh yes mom I'm sorry I have just been distracted" the words escaped my mouth before I could control them "distracted? by what?" she asked with a worried expression on her face. My mother believes if your doing something you need to do it to the fullest and don't let anything get in the way I think that's why she married my dad because he was very determined even from his teenage years, from getting into college and getting a law degree to then becoming one of the top lawyers I mean how could she resist. It's just me who hasn't caught the workaholic flu from them. "Oh nothing serious mom it's just school. I have my exams coming up and I have been studying really hard" I explained trying to sound convincing enough for her to buy it without asking any further questions. Then she raised her eyebrows and said "No that's not it, seems like more of a boy problem. Honey if your shy to say something beside your dad we can talk about it later." I jumped up before she could continue and said" no mom really nothing serious or related to a boy I'm just preparing for exams and it stresses me at times that all I promise"  The palms of my hands began to get sweaty. By the expression on her face I could tell she wasn't buying any of what I was saying, she paused then finally said  "fine Blair if you don't want to tell me you don't have to it's probably better you don't but remember you have to focus on your school work it has to be your main priority boys come and go but education gets you far in life. Do I make myself clear" she sounded very serious and persuasive "Yes mom I promise to keep up with my work okay". Then she shot up from the bed and grabbed my dads hand "were going downstairs to the café to get breakfast care to join us?" she asked "yes of course I just have to get dressed first so you guys go on down ill be there shortly" I didn't want to go but I knew if I rejected the offer neither of my parents would be happy after all the dance is on tomorrow night so the least I can do is spend some quality time with my family after all I haven't seen them over a year now. "Okay we will be waiting she said" then both turned and headed out the door. I locked the door behind them and then went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. When I was finished I came out and surfed my closet for something to wear. I picked up a piled of clothes and threw them on the bed "what to wear" I said to myself. While I was going through the pile of clothes I heard a loud knock on the door. I got up and walked to the door "who is it?" I asked, there was no answer "hello?" still no one. It must be Victor. I slowly opened the door to see a short, chubby guy behind the door "Blair?" he asked "yes that's me" "I was asked to give this to you" he put out his hand there was a piece of paper in it "eh who gave this to you?" I asked him in suspense "I don't know, I was just told to pass it to you and leave" he said before handing it to me and walking away. I turned and closed the door behind me. Who is sending me letters this is the 21st century we have phones for a reason. I began to open the letter. It read "meet me at the parent and student ball tomorrow night at ten ill be waiting for you at the back entrance to the hall. Don't be late and come alone" there was no signature on it. Who was this and why did they want to see me, especially during the parent ,student dance what excuse am I going to make up now? this one day I needed to be with them but then again if this note is from Victor it is much more important that I go and see him. I hid the note under my pillow, threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a lace black and white top, I headed down to meet my parents in the café.

"Blair finally i thought you would never come" my father said "I'm sorry i got held up by a friend" i sat down "did you guys order?" i asked "yes i got you the teriyaki chicken salad"  my mom stated "lovely sounds good" we had a nice meal. The food was delicious and i wondered why i didn't eat there more often. I suppose i'm more used to preparing foods myself. As a kid my parents used to always be at work so i had to make myself food for the day. We sat there for a while then when we were finished i showed them around the campus. They were amazed by all the different rooms and laboratories mom claimed they didn't have this many facilities in there time and that we were spoiled rotten in this day and age. Then we spend the rest of the evening catching up. We visited the park next to the school and we took a few pictures for memories sake and then we sat in the lobby and talked for the rest of the evening. But as happy as i was about my parents being here i still couldn't get the questions out of my head where is Victor? what is he doing? is he okay? did his leg heal? all these questions but no answers. I hope to find the answers soon perhaps during the ball.