Chapter 2

Atlantic Ocean

The Graf Spee sailed the Atlantic Sea, the waves crashing beneath her. 

Colonel stood beside the captain, patiently and serenely staring out into the endless waters.

Until, there was a loud sound. 

A strange man thumped into the wheelhouse, his flaming red eyes the only light escaping the darkness. He walked confidently, with a slight grin on his thin lips.

"What are you doing here?" The colonel asked in disgust.

"Did you destroy it?" The man spoke hoarsely.

"Yes. The planet is destroyed."

"And the boy?" The man adjusted his posture.

"No one would have survived the—"

The man lunged at the colonel, and clutched his neck.

"Is the boy dead?" He spoke clearer, and stared intensely into the colonel's eyes.

"Yes." The colonel choked out.

The man dropped him, and the Colonel fell to his knees holding his neck.

The man turned, and sniffed the air, "liar," he whispered.

"No human would have survived!" He coughed. 

"This boy is no human!" He exclaimed, and paced around the room. "I gave you technology beyond what you know just to get there! To kill just one silly boy!" He looked at the Colonel, his eyes now glowing brighter.

The colonel watched the man in fear.

"I say we make a deal," he grinned. "There is a war, isn't there? I can help you win it. But I need that boy."

The colonel stood up, and adjusted his shirt.

"I say we have a deal." He replied grinning.

Finally, they shook hands, and the deal was set.

Switzerland

Schaffel opened his eyes again, to the sight of a blue sky, and a soft ground beneath him. A bright light shone on his face and he raised his hand to block it. He suddenly coughed, and rolled over. A strange, and awful tasting metallic liquid filled his mouth, and released onto the fresh green grass. 

Grass?

Schaffel quickly sat up, eyes meeting open green field. It was Earth!

Schaffel took in a deep breath of the air, and gazed up at the blue sky above him. He laughed. He'd dreamt of this planet for so long, the air, the sky, the oceans. He didn't know a planet could hold such beauty.

Wait.

Why am I here? Am I dreaming? How did I get here?

Schaffel's mind filled with questions as he stood up, and walked forward, having no idea where he was going.

As Schaffel entered a nearby restaurant, the people glanced at him, then proceeded with conversation.

Schaffel headed to the counter gingerly, and politely pointed to the photo of a lemonade.

"Das ist $2.00." Said the man, as he lazily placed the lemonade on the counter.

Schaffel nodded, as he picked it up, and began to leave the restaurant.

"Hey! Kind! das musst du bezahlen!" The man cried.

Schaffel began to run away, as the guy at the counter pulled out his gun, and shot it at him. The people in the restaurant gasped, and ducked under tables in fear.

The bullet stopped inches away from Schaffel's head, as it swiftly turned and shot the man in the stomach. 

THUMP! 

Schaffel stopped. The people gaped at Schaffel in shock. 

Why am I being stared at? 

He turned around, and noticed the man was on the floor, bleeding.

Schaffel's eyes widened. He dropped the fresh lemonade, as it smashed to the ground. 

Traumatized, Schaffel sprinted out of the restaurant tears filling his eyes. 

August 1943 Helsinki, Finland

Willa sat in her cell, staring at the food which sat in front her.

"Energy needed for good performance!" The general giggled.

Willa glanced at the general, then proceeded to maintain her disgusted gaze at it.

 It had been 3 years she's been here, in this facility. 3 years since the invasion of Poland, where thousands of Jews died, including her mother.

If only I was strong enough to stop it. Willa thought, clenching her fist. She'd always felt guilty about how Jews are still being killed, and she couldn't do anything about it. Willa felt even more guilty that she was being kept alive, while other people like her are tortured, and killed. 

She hated it. 

Willa glanced at the bars, twisted and turned from the many other attempts to escape. But they always found her, no matter how many times.

Willa's expressions slowly shifted to dark and focused as she stared at the tiny barred window. The room began to shake, as the bars began to twist and turn, and eventually release. She felt a wave of fresh air blow at her face. Willa pushed her bed to the window and climbed out. 

Sirens went off in the distance, and Willa quickly ran toward the fence. 

She separated the fence, forming a hole, where she stepped through to freedom. Willa ripped off her Nazi pin, and threw it. "Screw pride." She mumbled, and ran. 

Willa sprinted into the woods, her feet full of mud and dirt, and her legs tired. But she kept going.

Finally she stopped at a train station where very few people stood to board it.

As she stepped on, the conductor noticed her. "Sinun ei pitäisi olla täällä!"

Willa sighed in irritation then closed her eyes, her mind's eye invading the conductor's weak mind. "I have a ticket to this train, and I have the freedom to board." She whispered, hearing her voice echo in his head.

The conductor opened his eyes. "Welcome in! take a seat as you wish." He said in a strong Finnish accent.

She smiled smugly, then took a seat beside a window, and cuddled up against it.

Her head ached from using her powers, so she closed her eyes, and tried to sleep.