Chapter 12

Willa blinked her eyes open, as she felt something cold on the back of her head. She blinked her eyes slowly open, and eventually she could see everything.

She was in a cell.

I must be back in Helsinki.

She groaned in pain, as she tried to shift her position on the cold ground.

"Willa?" A small voice called to her.

"Yeah," she responded weakly, and turned to see who it was. She gazed through the bars at a small frail figure hugging their knees to their tear stained face. 

"Schaffel?" She whispered.

"Where are we?" Schaffel's voice broke. He crawled over to the rusted bars which separated their cells.

"I'm not sure." Willa replied, she had an uncomfortable feeling where she was. It was strange, and it reeked. This place wasn't like her cell in Helsinki, it was different.

"I don't like it." Schaffel said. "I have a weird feeling about this place."

"Me too." Willa said. She felt a strange current of energy surrounding her. It was draining, and powerful. She didn't know where it was coming from, but it definitely added to the eerie feel of the place.

"Do you remember anything that happened?" Schaffel sniffled.

"No, I'm not sure why."

Why did I lose part of my memory, when I just regained other memories?

The question constantly played in her head, searching for an answer.

"We were attacked Willa, by the Imods, but you got hit in the head." The innocent boy wiped his eyes. "I didn't know-" Schaffel began to sob, and his face fell back to his knees. "I just wanna get out." He mumbled.

"We'll figure it out." Willa said, grabbing hold of the rusted bars. "We will."

✯✯✯

"Ubel, the boy is in, and the girl." The Imod informed his leader.

"Fantastic," Ubel replied with a grin. "We won't have to worry about them getting in the way now."

The Imod nodded. "Do we need the boy? Still?"

"Yes, he is the one connected to the map and he controls everything. We can only witness."

"Will he do that?" The Imod swallowed hard. Ubel turned to face the Imod, and took slow but arrogant steps toward him. The Imod took cautious steps backward. "Oh, he will. The boy is still weak and doesn't even realize his full potential."

"What will we do with the girl?" The Imod said, his back against the cold wall.

"Still thinking about it, but for now, make sure she doesn't escape." Ubel spoke in almost a whisper, making the Imod tremble with fear. "Bring the boy here, understand?"

The Imod nodded obediently, then he quickly walked out of the room.

He headed to the cell where the two sat. Willa stared at him with menacing eyes. Schaffel watched him with anticipation.

"You," he pointed at Schaffel, "need to come with me."

Willa looked over at Schaffel, and their eyes met for a moment. He willingly arose and stared at the ground with defeat, as the Imod grinned with pride, guiding him out of his cell and down the hall.

Willa closed her eyes and brought her hands together in prayer.

Schaffel walked down the hall, the Imod gripping his arms tightly. He held his head down, and avoided eye contact with everything but the dirty floor, which was stained with blood. 

They walked by many other empty cells, which supposedly held other victims of the vicious Imods.

Finally, an eerie light shone onto the concrete ground as Schaffel was pulled into the room emitting it. Seven different Imods surrounded a table, with a strange black object in the centre. Schaffel began to hear voices; eerie, breathy voices overlapping and confusing in his mind.

Schaffel's gaze for the first time, left the ground and went to the table, as the black object turned gold, indigo, and purple.

It was the map.

The voices grew louder and more aggressive as the Imods pushed him closer to the table.

"I need you for something," Ubel said, his dark deep voice making Schaffel's body tremble and shiver.

Stay strong. A voice said louder than all the others. He recognized the voice, and realized it was Willa's.

He smiled hearing her voice and exhaled.

"I want you to kill all the humans." Ubel looked at him and grinned.

Schaffel glared at him, though he was frightened. "No." 

Ubel laughed, "I wasn't going to give you a choice."

As the Imods tried to grab Schaffel's arms, he closed his eyes and slipped away into a state of focus. 

His eyes opened, as purple flashed through them. He threw the Imods against the wall, and he lunged for the map. Ubel tried to block his path, but Schaffel quickly snatched it, and made for the door, making it fall forward with a loud crash.

Willa raised her head at the loud noise, and crawled toward the bars wrapping her cold hands around them.

Schaffel ran into the hall, as loads of wild green slimy animals began to run toward him, their jaws snapping, growling and their sharp teeth hungering for food.

His heart pounded in his ribcage, and he ran down the hall as fast as he could go.

Suddenly, the growling of the animals stopped, and all Schaffel could hear was whimpering. 

He looked down at himself, and he could no longer see his legs or hands. "What the-" Schaffel covered his mouth, as the animals began to sniff the ground, their ears twitching. 

"Just because we can't see you boy, doesn't mean we can't hear or smell you!" A low voice said.

Ubel.

Schaffel tiptoed down the rest of the hall until he came to the cells. He stopped at Willa's cell, his invisibility disappearing. Her face lightened in his presence, as he tried to open the door as quietly as possible.

"You escaped?" Willa grinned, her talking voice strangely louder than usual. The animals growled, and Schaffel raised his fingers to his lips. "We need to be quiet." he mouthed without speaking.

Willa nodded, as Schaffel slowly opened the door to her cell, and she stepped out.

Run. Get out. Escape.

That was the only thing Schaffel could think of at the moment. Getting out of this terrible place to safety. But before he knew it, Willa grabbed his hand and sprinted into the opposite hall.

"What are you doing?!" Schaffel whisper screamed. "We need to get out of here!"

"How else are we going to stop them?" Willa said. "We need to end this Schaffel, hiding is not an option anymore."

"But-"

Willa pushed him into a quiet corner of the hall. Facing him with her dark and determined eyes. She placed her hands on his shoulders. "Listen, you just faced the monster who demolished a whole planet, and will probably demolish this one too." She sighed. "Running from your problems will fix nothing, you got it? I've had enough of it."

Willa stepped away from him, leaving Schaffel standing there with shock and confusion in his eyes. "Are you coming?" she said, reaching her hand for his.

Schaffel contemplated for a moment, before nodding his head reluctantly, taking her hand.  

Double update! Y'all spoiled. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)