Chapter 7

The previous night

Willa slept soundly for the first time, until a dark, eerie shadow was casted over her.

"This is where the GPS took us," said one of them, in a low growl.

"Yes, this is the one." Another replied.

Willa's eyes began to slowly flutter open, to the expectation of the stars above, but instead dark figures with glowing red eyes. 

Her eyes widened with fear as she tried to use her powers. She tried to grab the stones, and hit them. But as she raised her hands, nothing happened. 

One of them scoffed, then picked her up easily. "Coward." They said in a low hoarse voice. Then it threw her on their back, taking her away. She punched and kicked, and continued to try to use her powers. "Schaffel!" She cried, "Schaffel!" Her voice was then muffled, as the person's slimy green hands covered her mouth. "Shut up you little shit." 

Willa's face turned to focus, her jaw clenched, and her eyes set, as she tried to get in their head.

"Nuisance." one of them said. They blocked her effortlessly, and instead put her to sleep. "Schaffel..." Willa mumbled, before dark crept into her vision and she fell asleep.

Helsinki, Finland

Once again, Willa sat at the metal table, hands and ankles chained. But this time, before strange, large green monsters, the ones who took her.

Willa glared at them, hands in fists. 

The general spoke through a microphone, irritated. "It's really sad, you know, I took care of you, fed you, protected you."

Willa turned her head and noticed Jan standing beside the general. She didn't know what to do, seeing him there, beside her sworn enemy. But soon she felt her emotions were running haywire, and she had no control over them. 

The person she viewed as a father, was a Nazi. 

"Traitor, how dare you!" She yelled, tears filling her eyes as she stared at him through the glass. "You betrayed your nation!"

Jan lowered his eyes, watching her with sadness and regret.

The general laughed. "If you ever try to escape again—you'll lose everything."

"I have nothing to lose." She looked down, breathing heavily. "You've taken everything else away from me." Willa mumbled.

"The boy?" The monster replied, placing his hands on the table.

Willa looked up, her eyes widening before the monster. She gulped.

"I see you've grown soft Willa," the general giggled. "Where's the boy?"

The monsters stared at her waiting for an answer. 

Willa didn't reply.

One of the monsters slammed his hands on the table, "where is he?!"

She continued to look down, avoiding eye contact with every person in the room.

"She's not going to tell us." One of them said.

"Looks like we're gonna have to find another form of punishment." The general's laugh taunting even through the microphone.

The monsters unchained her, and picked her up.

"Put me down!" Willa yelled, kicking and hitting.

Eventually they approached her cell and threw her in, her back slamming against the wall. She groaned in pain.