Chapter 15

Schaffel swallowed the fear settled in his throat. He was waiting backstage, it was dark, adding to his nervousness.

Schaffel fiddled with the cue cards in his hands, breathing heavily.

He hated big crowds, even at home. They terrified him, with all the eyes watching you, paying attention for any small mistake you will make. 

But he knew that he needed to do this. He needed to set things right. 

Finally, Schaffel's name was called, and he slowly stepped up the stairs to the podium. He took a deep breath and cleared his throat. 

"Hello, I'm Schaffel." He started. "I am here today to set things straight––and my main objective after this is for this gruesome war to be over." He glanced down at his cue cards and shook his head. He placed them in the holder, and looked back up at the judging and impatient eyes watching him.

"I am not human. I am from another universe. My home planet was Actaeon, part of universe 314. Earth is part of 313." "Once, long ago, a planet called Cadmus, the ruler planet of my universe, made fun of another planet that was less fortunate, and teased them. Eventually the smaller planet where the Imods lived got back at them, and they destroyed the whole planet. Imods didn't want the power though, unlike what I was told. I was told the Imods were evil monsters, who wanted power and the Cadmusians were good." 

Schaffel sighed. "That story is wrong."

"They just wanted to live in peace. Fed up with what the Cadmusians were doing they destroyed them."  He concluded. "I don't necessarily agree with that though." 

"Then, the Imods disappeared. They came into another universe, and settled on another planet, Earth. It was new at the time, and humans were only apes. The humans struggled with survival, so the Imods helped them. The Imods were quite advanced when it came to technology, so they lended some to the humans." Schaffel looked down sadly. 

"As time went on, the humans developed. They began to speak different languages, and use the Imods' technology more often. Such as creating buildings, and weapons. As the humans grew more intelligent, they turned on the Imods, and began using them for their own personal gain." Schaffel's lips formed into a thin line. "They had no rights, and were treated like objects. In factories, as slaves in homes, and even for the wars."

"My friend was used too, by the Nazis. Her name was Willa. She had a rare brain disease that was incurable, which caused her to have powers. After the Nazis bombed Warsaw, they used her to win the war, to kill people at great distances." 

Schaffel sighed. "They were both used. Which is wrong." 

"But, killing people as revenge is wrong too." Schaffel said. 

"Though I will say the only good thing is that you humans adjust and develop. You can learn from your mistakes and be better. Right now, there are still Imods living here, in homes across the world. This is your opportunity." 

The crowds' eyes grew wide. 

"They don't want to hurt us. They just want to be accepted, and not treated like objects." Schaffel said, then smiled.

"Thank you." 

The crowd clapped, and cheered for him, and a large smile appeared on his face. 

This is what Ubel and Willa would've wanted. 

Change.

Though Ubel was blinded by the pain and suffering he experienced in his past, he definitely would have wanted this. Schaffel changing the minds of the humans, for them to see the wrong in what they did, and to not make this mistake again. 

Then, a woman approached him, grey hair and a warm smile. "Hello, I just wanted to say I agree with you son." 

Schaffel nodded, "thank you. What's your name Miss?" 

"I'm Eleanor Roosevelt." She replied as she guided him back stage, where a large piece of paper was.

"This is for human rights declaration. But I think we need to make some changes." She smiled. 

Schaffel smiled wide, and nodded. "For all." 

"Everyone, humans and Imods, deserve to have rights." Roosevelt said, as she and a few other people began writing on the paper.   

It was done. Everyone, everywhere, including Imods had rights, no human or Imod was ever going to be treated like this ever again. 

"Come here boy," Roosevelt said. 

Schaffel slowly walked over to her. 

"I have something," she said, pulling something from the pocket of her dress. She handed him a small wooden stick-like object. 

Schaffel, studied the object in his small fingers, admiring the design. "What is this?"

"It's a whistle." Roosevelt replied. "It plays the most beautiful song I have ever heard. But it is said, no matter where you are from, everyone recognizes it and interprets it the same way. It shows that every human, and Imod too, aren't as different as most think." 

Schaffel smiled. "Thank you." 

"Your welcome." Roosevelt said, smiling brightly. 

Schaffel felt a sudden buzz on his purple and gold robe, he reached inside his pocket, realizing it was from the map.

He needed to go. 

"I must leave Mrs. Roosevelt." 

She gave Schaffel one nod. 

He ran out of the large building's doors and outside, where the Emperor was waiting. "You took long." He said, scraping his feet on the pavement.

"I had much to do and say, Emperor." 

Schaffel smiled internally, knowing how they would all feel now, every Imod and human that was used and tortured, stripped of the rights everyone should have.

Especially Willa, who was used and tortured.

The Emperor nodded, as Schaffel jumped onto his purple back. "Where are we going now?" The purple bird asked.

"I'm not sure actually." Schaffel laughed, wrapping his arms around him. 

The Emperor laughed, then leapt off the ground into the blue sky. 

I feel like this chapter was cringey...jgihbegvbh 

Please vote and thanks for reading!