Chapter. 15

Ayla

I yawned awake while feeling Sundae at my side.

"Good morning sundae." He purred before jumping off the bed and to his bowl.

After brushing my hair and teeth I walked out of my room just to see dad sitting with the tv on.

"Morning dad." I sighed.

He turned his head. I noticed his features.

He was sober.

I noticed only one beer bottle on the ottoman and smiled to myself.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He whispered.

I trotted my way into the kitchen before seeing him sit on a stool across from me. His hand holding his head.

"Make some eggs for your father." He groaned.

I nodded before taking out some eggs from the fridge. I got out a bowl and cracked the eggs in the bowl.

"How's it going with you and that boy.. the boy? The fucks his name?"

"Noah." I mumbled, whisking the eggs before adding some milk.

"Yeah."

"Good.. I guess." I shrugged.

Like he cares.

"You having sex Ayls?" He asked, as I brewed the coffee pot.

I sighed, spinning around to grab some things for the eggs.

"Why do you care, dad?" I sighed.

I could hear him clear his throat before I handed him a blue mug with his coffee.

"I love you, Ayls."

"You outta beer?"

"Come on, don't be like that." He groaned, sipping from the mug.

"My relationship is none of your business." I told him straight faced, turning to scramble the eggs.

"I'm your father."

"Believe me, I know."

"I don't want you out there whoring with a bunch of guys okay, men are disgusting, baby. Just be careful I-"

"I've been having sex for a while dad, so stop acting like I'm two years old." I could sense the quietness. He hadn't had anything else to say.

"Do you even know how old I am, dad?" I asked, turning around with the spatula in my hand.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Tell me."

"Fifteen.. no sixteen."

"I'm eighteen dad, that means I can leave whenever I want. Stop trying to pretend like you care and control me." I shook my head while turning the stove off and grabbing two plates.