safe house

~Chapter 18~
~safe house~

It was shortly after the battle between the avengers and ultron and the twins, and it was safe to say that the avengers definitely lost

Wandas mind tricks hit the team pretty hard.

Natasha imagined she was back in the red room.

Thor imagine he was back in asgard.

Bucky imagined he was back at hydra.

Steve imagine he was back in the 40s

And Peter imagined he was at his parents funeral again.

Not only that, but Wanda also messed with the hulks mind, and he ended up going crazy in town and putting a bunch of civilians in danger.

"The news is loving you guys.... No one else is though..... there's been no official call for banners arrest, but it's in the air...... how's the team?" Maria hill asked over the screen of the video call. She had called to check in on the avengers to see how they were doing.

Turned out, they weren't doing well.

Any of them.

"We took a hit." Tony said, being honest.

"Well for now I suggest you guys stay stealth and stay away from here." Agent hill suggested.

"So.... Run and hide?" Tony asked.

"Until we find ultron.... I don't have a lot else to offer." Maria said, sounding disappointed she couldn't be more help to the team.

"Neither do we." Tony said, then hung up the video call with agent hill a few seconds later.

Y/N sat in her seat on the quinjet trying to process everything that had just happened. Peter sat beside her to the left with his arm wrapped tightly over her shoulders. He hadn't let go since she woke up from the hit she took earlier, that he blamed himself for.

He sat there with his arm around her, and his head faced the opposite direction staring out the window watching the dark night sky.

Tony got up from his seat, and started walking towards Clint who was now the one flying the jet instead of Yelena.

"Hey you wanna switch out?" He asked him as he walked up, and placed his hand behind the drivers seat, and leaned up against it.

"No I'm good...... if you wanna get some sleep, nows a good time because we're still two hours away." Clint informed Tony, not telling him any other information to where they're going.

"Two hours away from where?" Tony asked.

Clint took a pause before answering. "A safe house." He said a few seconds later.