Chapter 6: Letters and the Well

Deciding we needed answers, we decided to go to Quadratus to seek advice and the truth of where I really came from. The Cup brothers were shocked when Elder Kettle answered the door and saw me all covered up in bruises and a black eye.

"Cocoa! Who did this to you?!" Elder Kettle asked as the two cup brothers, helped me stand up.

I told them my adoptive parents didn't genuinely love me, they only wanted me for money so they could gain profit off me. I had this hunch all along, but this act alone was foolproof of their cruelty. The cup family couldn't believe what they were hearing and seeing; it was truly unthinkable, unimaginable, and horrifying.

"Who does that to their own kids?" Cuphead asked in revolt.

Elder Kettle sighed, as he pulls his two and only grandchildren close for an embrace.

"Sometimes people can be like that, my boy, and a lot of the times they hide it and you'll never know to what extent they can remain that way." Kettle explained. "Or they were always like that either way."

Elder Kettle was lenient enough to shelter me for the night. When we got to the brother's quarters, however, there was a mattress and what looks to be a cuddly blankie with moons on it; on top of that there was a note:

My daughter,

I assume you are looking for answers to where you came to be. A part of us died when you were taken away from us, by an assailant, all we had to remember you by was this blankie, but I think you might need it more than we do now. When you came along, I felt like I had grown a heart, and I could put aside my pride for once, and be better... better than my old man, even.

You see, I wasn't always that way. As far as I can remember, I was one of the many children of God, ruler of all the heavens. I had a hunch that what he called "his perfect creation", wasn't as he hoped, so I did what most children would do: rebel. I rebelled because I was feeling left out, unloved, and misunderstood, and I also wanted to become him. So, I fought against my brothers Micheal, and Gabriel but I wasn't victorious, and now I became the embodiment of whatever's evil and fear on this earth. 

Now I'm haunted by the feeling that I failed as a father and a protector in your eyes, and my dearest King Dice said, that we're a family because of you. Hence the reason why we are trying to get you back, as soon as we can.

Speaking of King Dice, he is being well cared for, and he said he wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you. We've heard how your imposter of stepparents treated you tonight, from my imps, but you mustn't worry about it though, we will deal with them ACCORDINGLY... 

But for now, I'm glad you're in good hands, and you don't need you to forgive me, but know this: even parents make mistakes, we're all imperfect. But some never admit them.

Let me know when you are ready.

Love you for eternity, from your two fathers;

Devil and King Dice

I found myself in tears after this. I didn't want my new friends to know this about me, realizing the shock on their faces, I knew I was completely alone. I ran away again, but in the middle of my journey, I heard a voice.

"Cocoa, wait up!"

I turned around and I saw Cuphead and Mugman with exhausted expressions.

" What are youse guys doin' here?!" I told them. "I'm the daughter of the guy you owe your soul to."

"Yeah, but ya can't go on this by yourself, can ya?" Mugman asked.

"Plus, ya may be the Devil's offspring, but ya ain't nuttin' like 'im; you are the kindest soul on Inkwell, plus ya don't ever say no to our adventures."

"And that I'm not afraid to double down?"

Cuphead chuckled shyly, as his head bubbled.

"Look, Cocoa... the point is," he said taking my hands, "I..."

I chuckled as I leaned forward and locked lips with him, as pink hearts pulsed in his eyes. It was certainly the best night of his life, and he wouldn't trade this for the world.

" You want a kiss too Mugman?" I jokingly asked, "'cause I just saw you starin'."

"N-no, no I am perfectly fine thank you."

Suddenly the well started glowing and a face of an old man appeared.

"Look fellas, it's Quadratus!" Mugman exclaimed.

With that being said, Quadratus spoke

The child of the Morningstar,

ripped from Hell,

Destined for greatness,

 for two to tell, 

 Should she pardon all her father's crimes,

Or will she fall at the end of times?

The brothers looked at each other, confused. What could Quadratus possibly mean, but turns out the answer was laid right in front of us, in the card which I role as the rock...