Chapter 7: One Hell of a Family

One thing became clear to me, I was the Devil's Daughter indeed. I had to go to the Hellish confines that I was conceived in to have a better understanding of my origin, but I promised the boys, I would spend my time both on Earth and in Hell. I ended up at the door of a casino where Dice was standing at the entrance.

"Mornin' dad." I greeted him. "I got your-"

The moment I was about to finish what I was about to say, he caught me in his arms and swung me around.

"I'm glad you came back!" He cried as I hugged his face.

Suddenly I heard running footsteps echoing behind us.

"Dice, what's all the rack-" The Devil paused, before running to embrace us both in a hug.

"Oh, my baby," He sniffed," My beautiful, baby girl."

When the commotion was over, they showed me around the casino. It turns out the Casino staff was my kind of people too, they even taught me how to gamble, do card tricks, and dance, and Pip and Dot even made an outfit for me.

 It turns out the Casino staff was my kind of people too, they even taught me how to gamble, do card tricks, and dance, and Pip and Dot even made an outfit for me

Turns out the casino members taught me well, because I beat them at every game, and soon gave them a run for their money. In short, I even got to perform in the casino, and I got tons of support from the staff and my real family.

Once the Devil found me sitting under his desk while he was working on the contracts, and of course, he had to use his snake form to peek at me.

"Playing hide-and-seek?" He asked.

" Not really, I just want a quiet place to think."

This intrigued Daddy Devil.

"I'm listening."

I opened up about what I experienced with Cherril and Casey and asked him if he loved me just to use me for my talents.

The Devil rolled his eyes while smiling.

"Did you read our letter, by any chance?"

I fidgetted in my pocket and pulled it out. I hadn't thrown it away, although it smelled of a bit of blood.

"Yes, I did." I replied, "and you're doing your best."

He chuckled.

" Aww, you're growing up so fast," He crooned, as he stroked my hair. "Now be a dear, and gamble some of the guests."

I sped off to do some gambling on my own and a bit of dancing with Pirouletta. In the meantime, I learned to speak the language of demons, which surprised many of the staff and the guests. Shortly enough,  King Dice took me downstairs, to see the throne room. A smile stretched on my face, in awe.

" I can't believe dad owns all of this!" I said.

Suddenly the Devil appeared with a cloud of smoke while purring like a little pussycat.

"I see someone feels at home already." He singsonged.

I did feel at home, but I asked if Hell had other demons there. To which the Devil confirmed with a grin.

"There is, my dear. After all, I can't be the only demon king in this place..."

With that, being said, he tapped his trident and a familiar book appeared.

"This is the Ars Goetia, Cocoa; this grimoire has been in the family for eons." The Devil explained. "Take a look-see, the whole family is in here."

Lucifer showed me every demon there was in the book, including the sins they represent. Asmodeus was in charge of lust, and Lord of Vermin. Beelzebub takes charge of gluttony, and Lord of Flies (Hence, his obese, and fly-like depiction)

Manon's sin is greed, and his jewel-filled appearance made it all the more fitting. There was also Leviathan, who loves water, but is always envious of everything, typical of the sin he's most known for. Satan is always angry (aw, who am I kidding? The guy, is the bearer of wrath)

Then, there's Belphagor. He is too lazy to do anything, even take a bath. Which is why he always stinks. He is undoubtedly famous for the sin, sloth. Need I say more, on who is the 7th king? Ok, I'll say it. Lucifer, also known as my dad, and the guy who is reading to me while I'm bouncing on his lap.

"Can I ask you a question, dad?" I asked while looking at him in the eyes.

"Of course, you can, sugarplum." He replied.

"Are all these demons... our family?"

"Yes, we're all a big family here," Dice answered. Suddenly, Dad's face displayed disgust.

"Including my crummy, elfish big brother Krampus..."

I lit up.

"Y'mean the shadow of Saint Nick?" I asked. "Elder Kettle told us all about him, he punishes naughty kids."

The devil huffed, unimpressed.

"As if I don't punish the world enough." He whispered to King Dice, my second dad.

After a long day of exploring Hell, my dads sent me back to Inkwell. I rushed on over to the house of the Cupbros, just in time for dinner. I told them almost everything about my discoveries in Hell.

"But you're goin' to spend time with us, tomorrow; right?" Cuphead asked, " Inkwell's not the same without ya."

"Yeah, what Cuppy said!" Mugman said, as his cheeks, went red, as well.

I laughed.

"I will, boys," I promised. "Cross my heart and hope to die."

We laughed together for a long time before Cuphead noticed something different about my clothing.

" Say, that's a cute outfit," he complimented. "Where did ya get it?"

"Oh, this?" I said, "From my family."