Chapter 22: Show and Swell

Meeting Izzy and Bendy at the Cafeteria once again. I discovered that the school was hosting an Alchemy Fair this week, and the winner was going to take home a black ribbon as best prize. Bendy was boasting that he'll win but decided to be humble. Izzy explained that the Alchemy fair was like a science fair, but with dark magic and spells. After much thought, I've come up with a potion that could turn anyone into a demon. As you might expect I drove my dad King Dice crazy with all the failed experiments and colorful explosions, that almost blew one-half of the hotel, making the citizens think we were setting fireworks inside the building!

This got to a point where even Cuphead, Mugman, Ms. Chalice, and even Bendy had to visit me to investigate the source of the mysterious clouds of colorful smoke. I explained to the three that I was going to make a kind of potion for a fair at school, and I needed help. Being the good friends that they are, they didn't hesitate to help out. Just then, King Dice ran in with a pomegranate fruit in his hand.

"Kids, try these pomegranates," he suggested, "what your potion needed is a little drop of these fruits. The effect is a bit spicy, but I'm sure you'll manage."

The four of us got to a place where we couldn't possibly disturb any living soul, to practice our experiment there. Mugman and Chalice were in charge of checking our surroundings before we began.

"CLEAR!" Mugman signaled.

With that being said, we got on to making the concoction for the 66th time, as Bendy looked at the fruit in his hand in amazement. He told us, that while the fruit was able to corrupt one's soul, but its effects only lasts until 3 am. Placing the pomegranate seed the potion blew out a smoky skull with fiery eyes which cackled wickedly before entering the potion. Cuphead and Mugman were too terrified to speak.

 Cuphead and Mugman were too terrified to speak

"Phew, I guess that meant it didn't end up in an explosion, anymore," I said, finally happy with my result. After taking a second for them to calm themselves down, we had to take the decision of who is going to be the ones to drink the potion. King Dice was the first option, but his soul had already a demon binding, so no. Ms. Chalice was a ghost, so that wouldn't work either.

"I have an idea, use Cuphead and Mugman as your guinea pigs," Bendy suggested, "they'll do swell."

The brothers sighed, in discomfort.

"We volunteer..."

I wasn't sure about Bendy's plan, but I decided to double down and raise the stakes.

"Besides, it's only until midnight," Cuphead said, "I ain't worried about it." He said before the two kissed me on the cheek.

Bendy's jaw dropped, a meter long, after witnessing our kiss.

"Oh no..." I said, in the exasperating realization of what we just did.

" Cocoa Cup and Cups're sittin' on a tree," Bendy teased, K-I-S-S-I-N-!" He paused before Mugman grabbed him by the bowtie as Cuphead rolled up his sleeve, as he was boiling mad.