Chapter 10: Rugged Ridge Ruins

I sensed something strange in Daddy Devil's behavior. He seemed scared of leaving me alone to sleep in my room, so I took a look into his soul, and I wasn't surprised to be surrounded by anything but darkness with nothing but my father's eyes staring back at me like it was about to cry for my help. I decided not to tell either of my dads what I saw that night; they looked so happy together, and I didn't want to ruin the moment.

It was already a Friday morning when my parents came to wake me up. In their opinion, I was the cutest thing, even when I was asleep. By the way, I feel more peaceful in my sleep; because I dream of the two bowl-headed boys, my heart belongs to Cuphead and Mugman. The thought of them brought peace to my mind, especially when I dream of seeing them for our next adventures together. However, I slowly woke up only to find out that dad was on top of my bed, oggling at me; and purring loudly like a cat.

"Y'know that's why they call you a tall cat," I said, with a groan.

The Devil chuckled, fondly as he stroked my cheek.

" Good morning to you too, my little pomegranate."

As usual, I changed into my red dress and said to my two dads, I was going to see some friends, like a responsible child should do. Finding myself far from their sight, I ran as fast as I could to the woods where Cuphead and Mugman lives. At first, I went into their house, but Mr. Kettle told me they weren't there.

"Do you know where they are?" I asked, to which he chuckled.

"Why they are in the heart of these woods, playing in their," Elder Kettle looked at both sides before whispering, "Secret hideout."

I nodded, as I said thank you and headed to the woods. It took me about 29 miles to get there, and my legs were starting to give up on me.

" C'mon legs," I said while panting, " just a little bit more."

I heard my legs click their tongues.

"Sweetie, admit it, youse as lost as lost can be." One of my legs said.

"Yeah, and we's gettin' tired too." Added the other one.

I sighed in exasperation, as sweat dripped from my brow, that was until I heard an energetic and cheeky...

"Hey, Cocoa Cup!" 

...Was heard.

My face lit up, as I saw my boys waving at me, and I waved at them back.

" Come on in sweetcakes, the meeting's about to start!" Mugman shouted as he gestured with his hands for me to come in; and without a doubt, I rushed in, after blushing at Mugman's new nickname. I stared maybe too deeply at Cuphead's eyes, as I greeted him up close, making him blush even harder. 

" So, I hereby announce this Fort Straw meeting officially called to order," Cuphead said, as I sat down with grace.

We planned our next adventure and how it would be, while I thought of my surroundings as I was sitting there.