Chapter 8: Sugarland Shananigans

How does the popular saying, go? Oh, yeah: "Promise made, promise kept." Yesterday, I spent, the whole day with my two dads; and now I'm going to spend time with my favorite twin brothers. We still had a lot to see and do, while exploring Inkwell. Our next stop was in a land made of sugar, candy, cake; and many other delicious treats. Just arriving in that place made me wanna run amok and bite down on everything in sight. We did bite down on almost everything we saw in that land, everything was irresistible.

"Mmmmh, yum!" Cuphead moaned in delight.

"Hey, hey, hey; move over, I'm trying to eat here!" Mugman exclaimed.

I suddenly found a giant strand of licorice laying about on the ground, I decided to chew it to see where that lead to. I kept chewing, and chewing but how was I supposed to know that Cuphead was on the other side, chewing on the same strand as I did? Well, all I could say is; that at the end of that licorice was a sweet kiss from one of the guys I liked, but this was only kept between, Cuphead, Mugman, and of course; yours truly.

But of course, our frolicking came to an end, when a velvety but angry voice, echoed through the land.

"OI! HANDS OFF ME CANDY!"

From a candy castle arose a candy princess with an ice cream cone hat, she looked angry as she cocked her candy cane pistols and started shooting at us, forcing the three of us to hide in a nearby brush.

"Why is this crazy lady firing cotton candy at us?" I asked them, in shock, "We ain't done nuttin'!"

"One thing you should know, in Sugarland: Do not mess with Baroness Von Bonbon." A high-pitched voice said.

"Huh?"

We turned, and we saw a humanoid boy, made from green lemon candy.

"I'm Lincoln Sourpatch, I usually don't go here, but I take care of the lands." He introduced himself. 

"Pleased to meet your acquaintance, but right now; we need to go somewhere safer," I told him, with a rush in my voice.

Lincoln smiled with determination.

"You three are in luck, I know a place to hide."

Suddenly the gunshot rang louder.

"Come on out, and fight like men!" Von Bonbon's wrathful voice boomed. Lincoln gritted his teeth and clasped his hand against mine, which made me blush, and the Cup brothers, growl with covetousness.

" On  3, we scram," Lincoln instructed, "One, two-"

BOOM!

The beastly baroness, blew our cover with her gun, at this point we had only one option left: Run like Hell! 

We ran for hours, and it seemed like it was nothing but a wild goose chase, until I recalled that I had these superpowers, and decided to put them to good use.