Chapter 11: The Golden Violin

I helped with everything and everyone in the Casino and Mr. Dice in the Devil's absence. In my head, I was thinking about all of those nice people back on Earth and where could I go exploring next. To me, the hardest part was cleaning the bathrooms, and the offices of my two parents; heck I even helped the imps on their tasks, which I should be doing, but I decided to anyway; and the imps were grateful for that, but they sensed I could catch a break.

"Welp, that's the last of my chores, I'll see you guys later!" I declared as I rushed towards the door, only to hear my dad's booming voice.

" Cocoa?"

I stopped in my tracks.

"Yes, dad?"

Daddy Dice told me, that one of the imps reported my assistance in their duties, and that they found an intriguing little trinket outside, and decided to give it to me as a reward. My eyes lit up when I saw what the object was: a violin fashioned in pure gold!

"I love it, but why did the imps find that outside?" I asked as I held it in my hands.

Suddenly Henchman rushed in, to give us the answer.

"It's a mystery to us too, your highness." He said, "but if I were to guess, a golden instrument such as this, can only be found in one place..."

The truth of the object's place of origin felt like an anvil in Mr. Dice's chest.

"Lucifer..."

Daddy Dice's eyes suddenly started to show sadness so deep, that Cala Maria could even swim in herself.

"Dad?" I asked, tugging on his purple suit," You want me to stay with you?"

He sniffed.

"I think you've stayed here, long enough." He said while giving me a pet on my head. "Go play, kiddo."

I took advantage of that he was crouching down, and kissed him on the cheek, before racing to the door once again, with violin in hand.

"Thanks for the violin!" I shouted. "I love you, daddy!"

King went red, as he touched the place where I kissed him in shock. It didn't help that the pupils of his eyes dilated, in addition, his lips started to quiver, and he begin to babble incoherently.

"Um, Mr. Dice, should I get you some tissues?" Henchman asked.

Meanwhile, I went to Fort Straw to meet up with my three friends and show them my new gift. They were awestruck by its dazzling splendor.

" Play it, Play it!" Cuphead insisted.

" I don't know, fellas; it's my father's, and y'all know what happens if I'd lose it..." I warned cautiously.

The four of us thought for a moment, 'till a light bulb appears on Cuphead's head.

"Or you can play, and we will tell you what we think," He said, energetically, "We'll like it, even if it's bad."

I stood up straight and pretended I was hosting a show, while my three buddies sat in a line to watch.

"Are youse sure, about this?" Mugman asked.

"Mugman, SHUSH!!!" Cuphead hissed, alongside Ms. Chalice, to which he obliged. The "stage was set, so I began playing.

"So, what do you fellas think?" I asked with exhaustion in my voice.

The brothers and Ms. Chalice looked stunned for a while, only to burst out clapping, whistling and cheering.