Chapter 24: Of Fire and Ice

I wasn't having an excellent start to my day. Ms. Lilith was mean to me again, claiming that my friend Bendy was her exemplary student while I was nothing but a disgrace to my family. 

"Well you're a disgrace of a wife, and my father was wise not to be with a she- monster like you!"

Everyone gasped, in shock; as if a murder had occurred, I heard whispers behind my back, but I knew they were cheering me on. But wait, where were Izzy, Clara, and Jezebel when I needed them?

"How dare you talk to a teacher like that?!" Lilith bleated angrily.

I stomped so hard, that the school nearly shook itself.

"I WOULD SAY THE SAME THING TO THE WAY YOU TREAT THE DAUGHTER OF THE MORNINGSTAR AND ALL YOUR OTHER STUDENTS, HOW DARE YOU RIDICULE THEM, AND STRIP THEM OF THEIR DIGNITY?!" I cried for the first time, in a distorted demon voice.

" She's right!" Called a voice, coming from the entrance of the classroom. I turned and smirked when I saw that Izzy and the Succubus clique had united and freed my cousins who were trapped for life in the detention hall.

"You're so losing your touch, Lilith!" Said, Marsilea; the daughter of Mammon.

"Hi, cousin." I mouthed silently to Marsilea and she gave me a little wave.

" Lilith, you may have taken clipped our wings, and practically starved us to death, but you're not taking anything else!" Beelzebub's son, Benjamin added.

Then Asmodeus' twins, Abigal, and Arianna strutted to my side and placed their red hands on my shoulder.

"We also demand, you cease your utterly unacceptable behavior towards our darling cousin, this instant!"

The students rose up and roared in protest, the situation escalated so quickly that Lilith had no choice but to flee. Yet, I still wasn't satisfied; I had a much bigger plan in store. It got to a point, where everyone bantered up with me and set the school on fire, as we bought ourselves time to escape. We celebrated as the school of demons went up in flames, as all the demons were allowed to return home safely.

"Why serve in Heaven, when you can rule in Hell?"  I thought to myself, as I left the burning school behind me, with Lilith trapped inside. I've succeeded!

Running into my friends, at last, I told them I got expelled, but at least I freed my family. Despite the initial shocked reaction I received from them when I told them how the school was burned down, with Ms. Lilith inside, they both sighed and coincidentally said the same thing as me.

"Good Riddance..."

We were walking down the road, as we resumed our quest to find the two remaining ingredients for Chalice's Wondertart: the Icy Sugar Cubes, and the Pineapple Mints. We all agreed that we should start with taking on an ice wizard, who is running his snow cult tonight, in his ice dome.

"I've been through the snow before, so there is no chance, I'll miss that," I said, to my friends.

Suddenly, a snow person with a red bucket for a hat came out of the dome.

" Oh look Mac, the girl should totally be our guest for the cult."

"Yep, the boss wouldn't resist on inviting her to our ceremony." 

Cuphead raised his pointer and opened his mouth to speak, but I covered his lips.

"Let me take care of this, babe, it's me they want.

I walked confidently to the snowmen and made them an offer. I stated that I would be their honored guest for whatever cult they were having in exchange for their prized Icy Sugar Cubes.  The snowmen quickly accepted those terms and led us inside.