Chapter Eight

I woke up the next morning to find the biggest man I had ever seen casually cooking some scrambled eggs on our stove.

"Is that my robe?" I asked as I realised that he was wearing it.

"Um..." He was startled by me and looked over to Five who was stood leaning against the door frame with his hands in his pockets. For someone who was so chaotic, he looked rather relaxed.

"Y/N, this is Luther, my brother. Luther, this is Y/N, she's Elliot's daughter." Five introduced us and I smiled shyly at the man who towered over me.

"Whatever!" Diego butted in, shouting. "I don't understand. They keep following me."

"Who's following you?" I asked. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, grabbing two mugs and pouring myself and Five cups of coffee.

"Those Dutch sociopaths."

"They're Swedish, you idiot." Five exclaimed. I walked over to him and handed him the coffee, he smiled at me in return.

"Do you ever sleep?" I spoke wearily as I was still trying to wake up. He chuckled softly.

"They're hired guns paid to eradicate us before we do anymore damage to this timeline."

"Wait, how are you damaging the timeline?" I was confused and it was too early for end of the world discussions.

"Simply by being here, where we are not supposed to be." He told me.

"Yeah, but why now? I mean, I'm..." Diego snapped his fingers whilst staring down Five, "Fine for three months until you showed up."

"Yeah, I was here for a year and no one messed with me." Luther finally joined the conversation, and Diego threw his arms in the air.

"Even if it was my fault, which it isn't, we only have six days before the end of the world, and the closest anyone's gotten to dad was that driveway at the consulate."

I stood next to Five in the doorway and took the whole scene in. Diego looked ready for a spy mission, Five looked like he was about to leave for school, and Luther was cooking a mountain of scrambled eggs and I was inclined to believe that he was going to eat it all himself. How is this bunch of lunatics going to save the world?

"Well...that's not exactly true." Luther went on to explain how when he had arrived here, he had gone to see their dad but he laughed in his face and sent him on his way. We all sat around the table listening.

"That's pathetic." Diego spat.

"Yeah, well, at least he didn't shank my ass." Luther threw back and I let out a very unattractive snort and was glared at by Diego.

"No, bro, he shanked your heart." I managed to say through my laughter.

My dad finally graced us with his presence and smiled at me, it was rare that he ever saw me laughing and I think it made him happy when I did.

"Look, who cares what he shanked? He knows something about time travel." Five didn't seem as amused.

"Um... Wait, why don't you just do your thing and, uh, time travel us out?" My dad was so dim sometimes, I mean come on, if he could do that, wouldn't he have already done it?

Five huffed and stood up out of his seat. "Anyone care to explain?" Luther and Diego were about to explain but I spoke up first.

"First time he tried, he got lost in the apocalypse. Second time, he got stuck in his teenage body. And last time he tried, he scattered his family across three years in Dallas, Texas, possibly triggering a doomsday." Everyone stared at me like I was crazy. "What? I listen."

"Any more questions, Elliot?" Five asked as he poured another coffee for himself and brought the pot over to me, motioning to my cup. I thought it was sweet that he thought of me as he did this and held my mug out to him.

"Uh, no."

"You're all missing the big picture here. Dad is the ringleader of a sinister cabal that's planning to kill the president." Diego.

"He's kind of right." I said as Luther spoke at the same time, with a mouthful of eggs. "A cabal?"

"Ignore him." Five told us. "Look, the way I see it, we only have one option. It's time to get the Umbrella Academy back together."

"Hell, yeah. Family meeting." Diego seemed genuinely happy about this.

"Oh, awesome. I get to meet the rest of the gang." I clapped my hands together, excitedly.

"Okay then, can one of you get Allison, please?" Luther was glum as he said this, again with his mouth full of eggs.

"You two still a thing?" Diego asked him.

"Ew, aren't you related?" I pulled back from the table.

"Not biologically." He fired back at me.

"Do we need to talk?" Diego leaned over the table towards him.

"No, she's married."

"Ouch." I scoffed.

"Yeah, dude, that's rough."

"I can handle it." Luther chuckled lightly, stuffing his face with more eggs. Diego and I glanced at each other, knowing that wasn't true.

"I'll get her." Five declared, plopping his mug down on the counter. "Can you get Vanya without squeezing her to death?" He looked at Luther and I did too, squeeze her to death? Could he do that?

"I'll try."

"Okay, but I'm coming..." But it was too late, Five had already blinked out of the room.

"Wait..." My dad started as well. "What should we do?" He gestured to me and him.

Diego had a knowing smirk. "Prepare for company." 

///Author's note///

I know I said I hate doing these and I keep doing them, but I'm a little insecure in my writing so I feel the need to explain myself. 

This chapter is short and not much happens but it is more of a filler chapter and not a lot happens in this scene anyway but I thought it had some good information and an introduction between ourselves and Luther, so it felt necessary. 

Kait xx