Chapter Nine

Diego and I were sitting on one couch while Luther and their sister, Vanya sat across from us. My dad sat in a chair at the end of the table and began a long speech about Jell-O. It was very boring but at least someone was talking instead of us all just sitting in awkward silence.

"If we have some, will you shut up?" Diego interrupted when the story was getting too long.

"Maybe," my dad said, I knew he wouldn't, "here." He started serving them all a bowl each of the disgusting stuff.

"How are you feeling?" Luther asked Vanya. His face had turned green after looking at the Jell-O.

"Pretty shitty, to be honest." She was lying back on the couch looking deflated to say the least.

"Where would you say you are on a scale from one to...ending all life on this planet?" I stared at Diego, why would he put it like that?

"Really?" Vnya asked.

"Yeah, really?" I butted in.

"Diego, put the knife away, you idiot. She's fine." Luther sat forward and whisper-yelled at him.

"The last time I saw this one, she had me suspended in midair, sucking the life out of me with energy tentacles. I think I'm allowed a little time to process." That's a fair point from Diego.

"Oh, I would love to see an energy tentacle." My dad pipes in.

"Dad, shut up."

"I don't remember what I did, but I'm sorry if...if that means anything." Vanya sounded genuine. Diego then put the knife down.

"It does." He paused. "Just going through a lot right now. There's this girl that I like, I thought she liked me, but turns out she's..." suddenly laughing was heard as the front door of the shop downstairs opened. She's what? He was talking about Lila right?

"Oh thank god." Luther looked relieved to be out of that conversation.

"Is anyone here?" A voice said, coming from a woman. "Hellooo?"

"Le petit mort, le petit mort." A man spoke next in french.

"What? You don't speak french?" The woman laughed out.

"It's the 'little death'..." he continued. "Oh wow, look at this old stuff."

We all stood up and made our way over to the balcony to look down at our new guests.

The man had long dark brown hair and a hippie look to him. I recognised him from my dad's pictures. The woman had dark skin and was beautiful, she seemed familiar and not just from her picture but I couldn't put my finger on why.

"Oh wow," the hippie spoke, "I know this is impossible, but...did we all get sexier?"

"Vanya." The woman spoke next, looking at Vanya with a look of sadness but relief.

"Can't believe I have a sister." Vanya said as we all began making our way down the stairs to greet our guests.

"I missed you."

"Thank God someone did." Vanya chuckled, then they both hugged and I watched with a happy smile as I went to stand next to Five."

"Aww, that's so sweet." The hippie said and joined both the women in a group hug.

"Klaus," Five piped up, "Is Ben here?" He asked.

"Oh, uh...no. No, unfortunately ghosts can't time travel." Ghosts? He's definitely drunk.

"All right, then. Let's get down to business." Five turned and started walking up the stairs and everyone began following.

"Hey Diego. Can't say hi to nobody?" The woman pressed Diego.

"Hi, Allison." He said, very monotone.

"What was that?"

"Hi, Allison!" He shouted with a bit more enthusiasm this time.

"Thank you."

"He's very grumpy, girl troubles." I told Allison as I followed her up the stairs. Then it clicked. "It's you!"

"Excuse me?" She stopped and turned back to me.

"Stadler's you were the one who started to sit in. I tried to help you get away from the police, I'm so glad you're okay." I rushed out and then wrapped my arms around her. "Oh, sorry." I quickly let go, realising it was awkward.

"No, it's okay." She placed her hand on my shoulder. "Thank you for helping me." She spoke with a gracious smile.

"Of course." I smiled back and we joined the rest of the group upstairs. 

//Author's note//

Hi, okay so don't judge too harshly, I've been away for quite a while and this definitely requires some editing but I wanted to get something out there so I could motivate myself to carry on with this story. 

Thank you to those who enjoy my story and continue to read it means the world to me, so enjoy this next part.

Kait x